Pill info

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Hi so I normally take pill sundays and stop taking on sundays but this month i stopped on a thursday for some reason, i had my period, but forgot i should take pill on thursday instead of sunday and took my first one on sunday like normal so i have had 3 days without taking the pill, 9 if you include period week. We had sex friday and saturday when I was very light (don't judge) .. anyone know the chances of pregnancy? I was technically on my AF and forgot 3 days at the begining of a cycle?

There's a chance, especially at the beginning of the pack. I'd stop the pills for this pack and use another form of birth control for the remaining of the month. Try to test about 1 month from now, hope it's the result you want!

There's a chance, especially at the beginning of the pack. I'd stop the pills for this pack and use another form of birth control for the remaining of the month. Try to test about 1 month from now, hope it's the result you want!

Thanks for the reply, i would have thought its the middle of the month where there was a better chance, yeah i would literally be happy either way, I mean education and finances would probably be better when we plan to get pregnant (after our wedding in dec 2016) but we wouldn't struggle or anything too badly, would obviously need to sacrifice some things like the holiday we have planned in july, my 2nd year of hnd ... i guess we will have to see :thumbup:

I would just keep taking the pill for the month, you should be ok but there is a slight chance but only very slight! Maybe use opks for the next 5 days and if you don't get a positive you should be fine

The most "dangerous" time to miss pills is the few lasts and the few firsts ones. Chances are you'll be fine though :)

I agree with this!

Okay thanks everyone, i'll keep taking my pill for the rest of the month and abstain for 7 days and if it has happened it's happened, if it doesn't i still have the wedding, holiday, honeymoon, finishing colege etc to keep me busy :) I can't believe how silly i was, normally i am so good at taking it but i have the habbit of sunday-sunday ... will have to be more careful with it, i have too much stuff to do before trying ha!
I've been reading up on it and so many people are saying it happened to them and are pregnant, I'm kinda nervous, I have so much to still do before that but if i am i will obviously be over the moon it just puts some things on hold but still do able. I was really looking forward to the traditional wedding then baby scenario, i really just hate the not knowing, we were suppose to book our holiday this month but wont do that until we know for sure! Either way we will be happy, guess i'll update next month, i just keep getting contradicting sites telling me different things - some say keep taking the pill and others say dn't because it can damage (if i did concieve) a baby?

If there's a chance you could be pregnant, stop taking the pill.

If your period doesn't arrive on schedule take a few tests. If they're negative you're most likely not pregnant and can proceed with the pill. :flower:

I missed three pills in a row a few cycles ago, and didn't end up pregnant. It threw my cycle out of whack though, including causing me to skip a period altogether. I just took two pregnancy tests, and when they came back negative continued taking the pill like I normally would.

If you're really worried you can always call your medical provider and see what they recommend!

Okay I read up on a few sights and a few are saying not to take the pill if there's a chance until you confirm or rule it out, does that mean i'll get a pill period again?

Not sure. But I read that taking the pill when pregnant can cause ectopic pregnancy. Better to stop it and be safe rather than sorry :flow:

I'm sorry but I totally disagree, you shouldn't stop taking it. The chance if pregnancy is extreamly small and you should keep taking it until you get a bfp test. Read the instructions in your packet they usually have "what to do if I miss some" guidance and\or speak to your pharmacist or gp if you are worried. Don't just stop taking them. And if you do you'll need extra protection for 7 days after you start again.

Before you stop your pill (if you are going to) to find out make sure you talk to a health practitioner/pharmacist first! I'm pretty sure they'll be able to tell you more about whether or not to stop it then any of us can. I too have read contradictory statements about whether you should continue to take it or not in the past... But it's always safer to talk to someone who really knows their stuff first!

Aw thanks, I had to open my spare pack of the pill to get the instructions and it says if you forget a pill take the next one and just forget that one. Yeah normal chances is like 20% a month if you aren't using any form of contraception and having sex at the right time so i'm guessing my chances are more around the 5-7 % chance?
I took it this morning and will just keep an extra eye on my body until October. They say to use an emergency contraceptive but i don't feel the need to do that it's not like im anti pregnancy.

Aw thanks, I had to open my spare pack of the pill to get the instructions and it says if you forget a pill take the next one and just forget that one. Yeah normal chances is like 20% a month if you aren't using any form of contraception and having sex at the right time so i'm guessing my chances are more around the 5-7 % chance?
I took it this morning and will just keep an extra eye on my body until October. They say to use an emergency contraceptive but i don't feel the need to do that it's not like im anti pregnancy.

Fair enough on the emergency pill thing Hun... I'm kind of the same whenever I forget one or two. Just keep an eye out for anything unusual up until October (period or symptom wise) and see what happens.

Everything is going against my pill this month, first the forgetting some, and now i've had i think food poisoning last night :dohh: it's like god wants me to have a baby :shrug: (that was a joke) but seriously i never have any issues with the pill, maybe time to switch birth control form, we are booking the venue in December/January for the wedding and can't afford to lose the 500 deposit if i have another mistake with the pill ... but in saying that i have been on the pill 6 years and this is the first issue i've had :shrug:

if you've never had a problem with the pill before i say just keep taking it, what will be will be :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"