pink or blue pregnancy test?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by mom and ttc, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mom and ttc

mom and ttc Well-Known Member

I ve been reading that some ladies ask if it was a pink or blue dye test, why?

2. HopefulTTC2

HopefulTTC2 Dropping The Pounds(;

Please for your sake don't use a blue dye test. They honestly do give false positives. I took one yesterday morning, it came up right away positive. I was so excited. Took a FRER and it came back negative, digital also negative. AF showed today. Google false positives with blue dye tests. Its all over Google. Just spend the extra money and buy a First Response Early Result. They're the absolute best girl.:) I hope I helped lol and FXd you get that BFP! Baby Dust your way:)

3. mom and ttc

mom and ttc Well-Known Member

wow! are the dollar store tests blue dye?
    that is crazy!

4. Jess137

Jess137 Pregnant w/1st - 3rd Tri!

I believe that the ones from Dollar Tree are pink dye.

5. taylorxx

taylorxx Well-Known Member

Blue dyes give false positives. I've gotten plenty of them. Usually they give you a thin, bright blue line. I've also gotten some where the line was thick and blue, but really blotchy. They are NO good. They need to get rid of them. Of course you can get a true positive but it's recommended to use a pink dye test.

6. Jess137

I have to say that I am tempted to get some blue dye tests, just so I could see a BFP. Even if it was an evap. Sad, huh?

7. bacon

bacon Well-Known Member

not worth it. believe me. once you see a "positive" you get your hopes up, just for them to come crashing down. (hopefully that's not the case) but...unless you want an emotional roller coaster, get the pink ones. even though they are cheap, I believe Wondfos are good, if you're a POAS addict - then when you get a line, that's when I did the "real" tests like FRER and CB digi to confirm.

8. Jess137

Oh I know. I've never bought a blue dye test for that reason. I am a POAS addict. I have a stockpile of IC's and a couple of FRER's that I am saving until I get a positive on an IC.