Pink patch in CM?

bump.on.brain

Reaction score
I've paid quite close attention to my CM for 5+ years, ever since TTC for my DD. This month, for the first time, I noticed CM with one noticeable patch of pink in it....

Looking at my chart I was only on Day 11 of a typically 30/31 day cycle so it should have been too early to be ovulation? It also wasn't quite EWCM yet and I typically have several days of EWCM ending around Day 15/16 and have always assumed I ovulate toward the end of that time...

Do you think I'm actually ovulating early in my cycle?? Or do you think the pink may have been a one-off/caused by something else?

:flow:

You're right that you generally ovulate at the end of the run of EWCM.

Unless you've got other signs pointing to ovulation, I'd say it was caused by something else. Have you had sex recently? You could have knocked something. Or you could be having a bit of hormonal fluctuation for some reason (I get the odd lot like this when my fertility returns after weaning: it's my hormones settling down into a rhythm again).

Maybe next cycle use OPK's or temping to check when you do, in fact, ovulate and see if you get the pink stuff again and whether it's linked in any way. Otherwise I'd be included to put it down to one of those things...

Hi britgirl,

Thanks for your reply. I've never seen any pink before in 5 years so would be surprised if it happened again but will definitely be on the lookout! DD had been sick for the few days before it happened so it definitely wasn't related to DTD (! :coffee: !) but whether tiredness/stress could have perhaps been a factor...? Very confused!

I had nothing else to suggest it was ovulation related but maybe I do just ovulate earlier than I've ever realised! As you say maybe OPK next month...

If you don't get pregnant, then note the length of this cycle. If you did ovulate on day 11 it won't be 30/31 (unless it's a chemical pregnancy): the longest a luteal phase can really be is 16 days.

I had the same thing happen to me today... But I have short cycles, and I'm on cd 12.
:shrug:

Stormynights - that could well be ovulation bleeding if you're about half way through your cycle. Ovulation can sometimes cause a small bleed/spotting.

Stormynights - that could well be ovulation bleeding if you're about half way through your cycle. Ovulation can sometimes cause a small bleed/spotting.

That's what I'm hoping for. This is the 2nd day though... however it's like the slightest little tint... Like even just wiping I don't see it... Only when I go to check my CM. Sorry for the TMI!

I had the same thing happen to me today... But I have short cycles, and I'm on cd 12.
:shrug:

CD12 on a short cycle... I'd assume ovulation bleeding too. Sending baby dust your way!

Ty. My temps are all over the place but I had a huge dip on CD15 and then a spike on cd16. I'm now on CD17 but I'm thinking I ov'd on CD15... I had the tinge on CD12 and 13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->