Pinkish brown discharge...terrified

Jessica28

Reaction score
I know sometimes it is normal to see pinkish brown discharge in the first trimester but I have had one missed miscarriage already and I am scared it is happening again. I feel like I already know and am just sitting here waiting for the cramping to start.

How many weeks are you? I had a week of brown discharge at 4 weeks when af would have been due and I didn't find out I was pregnant until last week because I didn't test, assuming the brown discharge was a weird af. I have had pink spotting this week too, went for a scan today and all is great at 8 weeks. I know it can be really scary but doesn't always have to mean mc, lots of ladies on here will tell you they have been through the same and had a happy outcome. x

If it continues go and see your gp and see if you can get an early scan. Hopefully they can help. Hope it all turns out well for you x

I was terrified to have the same pinkish-brown discharge at 12 weeks. I had always heard of implantation bleeding at the time of your first missed period or a little after intercourse, but I hadn't had recent intercourse within a few days of the discharge and had never heard of it after the 4 - 6 week mark. I started to Google(strongly recommend against that, only the worst possibilities seem to come up in the search, which is even scarier). I had my husband take me to the ER, and was sure I was miscarrying. I was surprised to see a baby moving all over on the ultrasound! Only a doctor can say for certain for you, I just wanted to tell you my experience to say there is definitely hope that everything's okay. It seemed when I had discharge like that, everything I read was negative. I am now just past 16 weeks. Best of luck to you :)

Thanks army wife, I sure hope it's the same for me. I have an appointment in the morning but not for a scan.

Your welcome, praying for you! Just following up today wondering how you are doing? I hope they were able to get you into a scan to verify that everything is okay. Nothing gives more comfort that to see the little thing move around for yourself...

The doc requested an urgent scan but said it could take weeks. No discharge or spotting today but mild cramping and just an overall bad feeling. I'm going out of town tomorrow for my Los appointment on Monday so I may go yo emerge while I am in the city. I just really need to know for sure. In my heart though, I already know. I feel nothing, just empty, exactly the way I felt with my first mc.

A lot of that emptiness is probably your brain panicking and thinking the worst, and you're just mentally trying to protect yourself if the worst did happen. It's not red, it's not awful cramping, so they're both good things, but either way you're going to completely stress yourself out which isn't good for you or baby.

I spoke to my Dr today who did ask if I'd had any discharge or brown bleeding and said it's common when everything is stretching to see some old blood, and that it's basically "leftovers" from a previous period (gag) that can become dislodged whilst everything is stretching and moving. Try not to get too stressed! I know it's really hard but this is a new baby, new pregnancy, so try to force the fears out of your mind. Just because the worst happened last time DOESN'T mean it will this time.

I had red/pink spotting at 10 weeks. Had a scan and baby was fine. No one could tell me why I spotted but they suspect cervical erosion. Just because you aren't feeling anything doesn't mean something is wrong.
Often women don't have any symptoms.

So I will keep my fingers crossed for you that all is actually well!

Hi Jessica,

If it were me, I would go to the ER. Insurance usually covers medical emergencies, and the stress of not knowing is even harder on your body and mind. I do know where your coming from though. I am now 17 weeks and 2 days, and I still have that empty feeling. I think it's coming from fear. I haven't purchased anything besides a few maternity clothes (had to for work to look appropriate) but no baby items and I haven't even started to clean out my craft room aka future baby nursery which will be a major project to transform. I saw the baby moving on the ultrasound and can feel it move, and still have the feeling that it isn't really happening because of past experience. My mom bought me some baby clothes and I asked her not to get anything else just in case. My pregnancy was unexpected, wanted, but unexpected. We tried for years (without medication or assistance) and it just didn't happen. We gave up over 5 years ago, my husband thought I just didn't want that large of an age gap (youngest will be 15 before the baby is born) but secretly I was so tired of the disappointment every time I would get cramps that were knowingly the sign of my period. Or I would have a faint positive, get excited and call my husband just to get my period a few days later. When I found out I was pregnant this time, I had the exact same cramps and knew it wouldn't last. Turned out to be stretching going on in there. I know I'm explaining a lot here, but I had the same discharge at 12 weeks and still have the empty feeling in the 5th month, but I know that's because mentally I'm still afraid to accept and get excited. I hope the best for you and just wanted to let you know that your not alone in feeling that emptiness, but please don't let fear take over your mind.

For all of those that have had spotting and have healthy growing babies, did your dr ever tell you the reason for the spotting you were having??

And yes Dr Google is bad. I try to stay away from it at all times.

I have had some spotting too, it has been on and off. It has always ben very light brown, but none the less it is still scary. With my loss I had constant spotting that was pinkish brown for a week and bit before I actually mc. Though with my last baby I had dark brown spotting around 11 weeks and I had a healthy baby boy :D

allforthegirl,

The doctor told me that my spotting at 12 weeks was just old blood working it's way out of my system. I questioned it because it seemed odd that it had taken so long, but he just said it happens. What threw me off about it was how far along (I had read that implantation bleeding was likely to happen at the time of your first missed period) and also the fact that my husband and I were quite "active" the entire 12 weeks, and it seemed like with the activity it would have worked it's way out sooner. When I went in, it was because I had some slightly pinkish, but more brownish blood smear on the TP after going pee (Sorry, TMI, but I guess the personal stuff is what this site is for). I waited an hour or so and had the same thing happen. Not a lot, and nothing on a panty liner most of the time, just a bit after I wiped. I assumed I was miscarrying and went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and said everything was fine, but I did continue the same type of spotting on and off for the next two days or so. No cramping or pain, just spotting. I did have cramping when my period was due the first month, but no spotting at that time. Now just past 17 weeks and haven't had it since. My first 2 children, almost 15 and 16 years old, I never had any spotting, but I guess over that period of time and each pregnancy the body reacts in different ways. Anyways, the doc just said it happens sometimes. Sorry, not much help with the explanation of why, but that's the answer I was given...

Hey ladies, I havent had any cramping or spotting since so fingers still crossed that All is well. Just waiting on an emergency ultrasound.

Jessica28,

Thank you for the update! Been praying for you. This is my first time using a pregnancy site with the conversations and questions back and forth, and I have to say I am surprised at how much I genuinely found myself worrying and wondering for people when reading their circumstances. Not actually knowing people, yet actually being excited for them with good news and thinking about them with the worrisome news. Still crossing my fingers for you that everything's okay, but happy to hear that the news isn't bad so far :)

Im in the same boat. Started bleeding pink last night and is now brown. I have a scan today at 4.30 so ill know today either way, but ive had a bad feeling a few weeks now.. Gonna be a long day :(

Unfortunately there was no heartbeat at my ultrasound

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->