Pinterest

FionaJean

Reaction score
So, I have yet to get on the Pinterest bandwagon... as in I don't have an account with them. But, I have over the last few years here and there used an idea from them when I've googled something and a pinterest thing popped up. As I've gotten back into baby fever mode and wanting to plan and endure the time while i WTT, i thought hmmmm... maybe getting a pinterest of my own would help me pass the time as i add ideas i like for nurseries and all things baby? And then i have all my concoctions in one spot as i search? Has anyone here WTT and had a baby pin board? Does it help you pass the time?

HEres the thing though... nobody in my real life knows that i am hoping to TTC soon. So I'd prefer it stay a secret, and I'd just make the account for myself. So... if i made a pinterest account and didn't add anyone to it... would that be lame? haha i don't know. It seems like it's somewhat like facebook with adding people and whatnot. And another thing, can i make my pinboards private? I googled that question and some things popped up saying that you can't make what you pin private?!

Anyways, help a newbie out :D

Hi there, I only just started having a pinterest acct, and recently made a baby board. There are lots of baby related pins that are useful with facts and whatnot. You can add me if you want - https://www.pinterest.com/donutqueen_pats/
But yes you can make secret boards that only you can see and you can have it just for yourself :)

If you link it with other social media (eg. facebook) people will see you are on there and follow you so better to create an account not linked with other ones. I don't use my full name so if someone googles my name they can't just see everything I have pinned. I also don't follow everyone just because I'm friends with them, I only really follow people I think will have common interests.

I don't think you really need your own friends on there. You just follow people who have interests you like. It is really good for keeping track of ideas, I used it for #2's nursery, various birthday parties, food ideas, kitchen reno ideas, etc.

You do end up with random people following you, I seem to have at least 100 I don't even know! They just must like what I have pinned.

You can still link your pinterest to your Facebook and have a secret board that no one else can see unless you invite someone. I and WTT and have a nursery ideas board and a pregnancy announcement ideas board. They are secret boards, I only invited my best friend to see them. It REALLY helps to pass the time, I highly suggest you get a pinterest account and start pinning!

I just want to say I went ahead and made a Pinterest, and now I don't know how I lived without it! lol It totally helps you channel your baby fever into something that makes you feel like you are being somewhat productive without actually buying anything. I've already pretty much planned out a nursery for a boy and a girl on there :shy: Sooooo addicting.

So yep, I totally recommend this for anyone else WTT who wants something to help pass the time and use their baby fever for good!

I already had pinterest but didn't realise you could make private boards. After reading this, I set up my own private babyfever board and have begun my new obsession... love it!

I am WTT and also have a private pinterest board! I love it!

Yup,I have a serious Pinterest problem.im up to about 5 thousand pins....whoops!

I love, love, LOVE Pinterest. You have access to so many amazing links at just the click of a button that you may never find in a google search, and like the ladies have said, you can make secret boards that nobody but you have access to. Happy pinning :flower:

yep I made all my boards secret mwah ah ah! one for a baby boy and one for a baby girl... I thought it miiiiiiight make the baby fever more unbearable, but it's actually helped!! I feel like I'm actually "doing something" even though I'm not really... but it is helping pre-plan for a baby in a way!! Like a visual list of the products I've researched and things I'd register for. It's totally like therapy.

Isn't it amazing!? Its like pinterest was made for baby fever therapy, haha.

Im banned from pinterest for a bit. The cuteness made me cry!
Found two signs.

"Ducks and Trucks and
Eight Point Bucks
That's What Little
Boys are made of"

And

"His Little Hands Stole My heart,
And His Little Feet Ran Away With Them"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics