Pituitary adenoma

samae23

Reaction score
Hi all!
I wasn't sure where to post this.
My DH and I have a beautiful 1 year old DD, and we're not TTC yet, but thinking about the end of summer. I recently switched insurance and saw my new doctor. I haven't had AF since giving birth and I've been done breastfeeding for 5 months. I had a prolactin level checked and it was elevated. Well, I'm not pregnant...so she had me get a brain MRI. They found a benign tumor on my pituitary gland (a Pituitary microadeoma). This is over secreting prolactin, hence the elevated levels. This can cause infertility, so she referred me to a reproductive endocrinologist, and I guess it may be able to be treated with medication.
I'm wondering if anyone has this or gone through this before? What is your experience?

Hey there!

I also have a small (micro) prolactinoma, diagnosed when I was 20. I'm sure you've seen your endocrinologist by now... but if it's any reassurance, I have been able to manage my prolactin level and my GP + endocrinologist have no doubt I can get pregnant. I haven't yet tried (now 27) but my husband and I are soon ready to start!

My prolactinoma has responded well to Dostinex, and I am on a very low dose that keeps the prolactin level low and has shrunk the tumor *hate that word* to half the size. My only regret is that I did take a break from the Dostinex to try some natural remedies with my naturopath... it started to grow again and I hope it doesn't delay our chances of getting pregnant in the next 12 months. FYI I've also heard many women have their prolactinoma disappear following a pregnancy... that would be fantastic!

Hope that helps at all! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->