placenta and cord??

L

lil-lauren

Reading through my stillborns notes i found this
"No cord was attatched ? Insertion site 2cm from closest edge"
What does that mean.. google is confusing me more. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm so so incredibly sorry for you loss lil-lauren. It's completely understandable why you'd want an explanation :cry:

In the notes you're seeing are there any technical terms listed? Particularly something about velamentous cord insertion?

Since they referenced "2cm from closest edge" I'm thinking the cord became detached from placenta which would indicate an issue with where cord inserted into the placenta (should be smack dab in the middle for greatest stability).

If you don't mind my asking how far along were you and did anything in your scans or prenatal care indicate there was any kind of problem? (you certainly don't need to go into details if you don't want to....whatever you're comfortable talking about is fine of course)

Thankyou for your reply. Its been nearly 2 years now and i was 24 weeks but she was measuring 19 weeks and all the notes on the post mortem say there findings and weights/measurements wer of a 19 week pregnancy. It says nothing about velamentous as i saw that on google and went through my notes word for word. I was scanned every week from 6 weeks (my dd was a twin and i had placenta problems with her - was dead when she was born at 38 weeks and she was slightly small and iv had multiple m/c after dd before stillborn) everything was fine no issue, i was a week smaller some weeks but at 14 weeks was told baby looks like a girl (i knew from day1) so everything was good. I was feeling movement from 14 weeks. Missed 15 week scan as dd wasnt well. 16 weeks was just over a week smaller but wasnt to much to worry about they said heartbeat and everything was fine so they will scan me next as normal. For some reason my scan was cancelled and i was told to just wait till my 20 week scan which was about 19 weeks i think. Bella was 2 weeks smaller and had echogenic bowel and fluid on the cerebellum. But bc she was small i was instantly refered to nnuh they carried out an amnio to check everything and she was clear of everything but my placenta had calification alot of it. I was scanned every week again asked if i wanted to carry on the pregnancy - of course i did! Night before my 24 week scan i knew she has passed, i remember laying in bed feeling her last movement. Went to the scan and as i thought she died. I was given the tablets to stop the hormones and the bloody things sent me into labour! Worst part was that day i was meant to be arranging a date for her to be delievered! Xxx

Could you contact the staff who handled your care at that time and ask them for clarification on your medical charts and the post mortem?

I would guess that's going to be your best bet as far as getting solid answers are going to go.

It could be especially important to understand what happened since you've suffered from multiple losses and so many different complications, especially if you plan to try for more children in the future.

Iv been seen at st marys and as far as they can tell everything is fine :/

Iv been seen at st marys and as far as they can tell everything is fine :/

I'm sorry I'm so confused, are you trying to sort out what happened with a previous stillbirth?

If so, are they telling you everything was fine and nothing significant was found?

Sorry me stressing myself out and jumping ahead. After i recieved the pm results i had an appointment with a consultant was asked if i had any questions at t time i didnt i was still in shock and if im honest really didnt read much into the results. But now im thinking i need 2 know bc i cant get closure. Im going to ring the hospital back and ask to go through it all word for word and every word explained to me xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->