Placenta covering my cervix yikes!

curly123

Mummy of 1!
Reaction score
Hello all I just wondered if anyone feels like I do right now?

Had a scan in a&e on mon due to weird spotting etc and they showed me that I have a low lying placenta at mo (normal generally right now) but that it's completely covering my cervix which is why I've been losing bit of dark stuff tmi sorry....I wondered why I'd been feeling uncomfortable walking a lot etc

thing is since then....my bladder has become like the most irritating thing on earth! I CONSTANTLY feel it's full, but it's also so so so uncomfortable all the time....like extra pressure and as soon as it's emptied it still feels the same.......ergh....anyone else have this???

On a happier note bubs was cute and sleeping at 1st in scan and then woke up and started sucking its thumb!

Ohhhhhh feeling soooooo emotionalllll

Been told i have to just stay at home and rest prob until week 18....:(

Hey there,

I had low lying placenta with my last pregnancy and don't remember having any bladder problems, but my placenta wasn't completely covering the cervix (but still enough to need a c-section).

Just rest up and hopefully you should feel better soon.

I had complete placenta previa with my 3rd but never had any issues with my bladder. Have you been checked for an UTI bc that's what it sounds like to me... I felt the same way in the beginning of this pregnancy and I had an UTI....

I was thinking maybe it could be - but now I've left it to the w/e and will have to wait until monday :( to get to dr...

It doesn't hurt when I pee though...does it hurt everyone when they have UTI do you think?

Thank you!

hi hun i had my 20 week scan and have a low lying placenta which partially covers the cervix and i feel exactly like you do, am constantly peeing and feel like there is pressure down there. its not a uti as have been checked. hope yours moves into a better position xx

Oh thank you thank you for telling me this....I honestly have been going out of my mind with everything.....

The only thing they didn't check for on Monday at the hosp was a uti....I just haven't been feeling like I have one 100%

I really hope it moves too -And yours! I know a lot of ladies are up in the night with peeing too but it's also been the discomfort! And last night i tried to lay in a comfy position and obviously hit my sciatic nerve thing which shot pains down my whole leg - I was honestly laughing to myself in the middle of the night at how ridiculous I was feeling!

Thank you!

My bladder felt the same as yours around 7 weeks and I went in to the ER with similar complaints. I also experienced some severe muscle spasm type cramps around my lower abdominal to left side and down my lower back several times during the night so this is what prompted me to go. I thought something was seriously wrong but turns out I just had a nasty UTI. Funny thing is though it never burned once when I peed nor did it get that funky smell to my urine. But the antibiotics did help so I guess they were right!

Hmm that's interesting too - i think i'll go on Monday and check just to make sure...not worth waiting around for an infection to get worse is it!

Thank you x

ello

i have a low laying placenta, isnt covering cervix totally is like off side and just over it a bit!! but have to go back for re-scan on 1st april (april fools day greaat!!) and see if it has moved.

hopefully it will have, if not c-section it is.

i did go thru a phase of needin a pee al lth time but just put it down to th baby pushing on my bladder, but could also be a UTI, had a urine test last week and it came back fine! phew! but get it checked just in case.

:)

Thanks for your post hun it's really helpful to hear about other peeps too!

I hope this phase stops for me too! I'M GOING CRAZY

Good luck - hope it moves for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"