Placenta sent for histology? Uk protocol

annaki

A Little Bit Pregnant #1
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this but wanting to know if anyone knows why my placenta would have been sent for histology?

I'm in the UK and told this isn't normal practice so I'm worried.

A little bit of history...had Cat 1 C section after suspicious CTG following induction at 40 + 12 weeks. Only has 2 pessarys with no effect. Unable to break waters. Suffered from hypertension throughoutregnancy, but it came down during BP profile each time.

Also told there was a small haemorrhage behind placenta.

Baby is now 11 days old and doing fine. I have asked why placenta sent off but just been to.d it looked gritty.

My comm MW says its not normal practice for it tobe sent off just for this reason. She said to check with GP at 6 week post natal check. So I ave a long time to worry :-/.

Can anyone shed some light?

Hmm I'm sure somebody would have mentioned by now if there was something to worry about. But I'm also a worrier and would ring my GP to check exactly why it was sent off, I'm sure they'll tell you what the concern was :)

Hey,

Mine was also sent off for histology as it had to manually remove it as it didn't come naturally and the doctor said it looked like it was slightly infected. This was 8weeks ago and I have heard nothing about the results. I am going to see my GP on Monday so I will ask her then.

I assume everything must have been okay if I haven't heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->