Placenta taking over so soon?

Katherine

Reaction score
I am currently in week 10+4. I am still temping, and for the past 2 days, I noticed a drop in my BBT. I read that "After the first trimester, the woman's body temperature drops to her pre-ovulatory normal as the placenta takes over functions previously performed by the corpus luteum".

But isn't it too early for the placenta to take over, at week 10???? Shouldn't it take over at around week 12 to 14???

Honey I have no idea, I guess each women and each pregnancy is different.
Sorry I can't help :hugs:

I guess, the time for anything will vary from woman to women. For some it might happen at 12 weeks exact, some might be 10, or 11 and some might go over, like 13 and 14...If the temp drop is the only thing you've noticed I wouldn't worry hun :hugs:

im thinking its diff for everyone, i think mines has taken over now though x

I think it is different for everyone as previously said, so dont worry. I think mine is in the process of taking over as I feel better and I havent felt sick now for a week or so....But im not speaking too soon..!!

I dont think its too early for the placenta to take over. I was still peeing on OPK's...didnt have any HPT's :rofl: and they went from being so dark to nothing again....obviously it got me worried, but I know it was just the placenta taking over. I think I was about 9 or 10 weeks at this point....

x x

I read in my book at home it can happen between 9 and 10 weeks so I think it's just different for every pregnancy. The last couple of days I have felt a bit less nauseous but it seems to be different day to day and sometimes it's easier to cope with it under different circumstances too.

I think anything form 10 weeks on is probably about right, I have definitely seen a drop in my symptoms (didn't have many to start with!) and was just saying to someone else about feeling a little dizzy and faint which I'm thinking might be becuase my body is now pumping a lot more blood around and my heart etc is working harder, which I hadn't had before now. Not sure if that helps! x

from about ten weeks the placenta begins to function so that could explain the temp drop

i was told with DS placenta takes over at 10-11 weeks.

Still temping!!!! Naughty girl :p

Stepaway from the themometer hehe

it takes over betwen 8 and 12 weeks normally. But of course can vary

sorry to sound ignorant but why are you still temping when you are pregnant? i didnt temp so dont know much about it all but i thought you did t to see when you ovulated when ttc xx

i dont know how u can still temp, I enjoyed doing it whilst ttc but it did drive me a bit mad setting alarm every day etc - u should relax now and not worry about temps xx

What exactly happens when placenta takes over, apart from us beginning to feel better - what actual changes take place? I see someone above mentioned more blood being pumped around the body - what else happens? xx

Thanks for the comments, ladies. You gave me a lot of reassurance.

Yes, I know I don't need to do more temping, but I have been doing so long, that it has become part of my daily routine, heheh.

Also because I had a previous miscarriage, I just wanted to make sure everything was fine.

I had also had a molar pregnancy last year, and was kind of afraid that this may be another molar, and the placenta was doing some crazy stuff. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->