Placental position

dimmu

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I had a 16 week reassurance/gender scan yesterday and we are team pink again, so pleased!!:)

I had the scan done privately, and the sonographer said my placenta was anterior and I may struggle to feel the baby at this point. I have felt the baby already, very sporadically though, and only on my sides.

My previous scans, however, stated that the placenta was posterior?! So I'm confused now, did they get it wrong before or what? I know the placenta can't just change positions, but is it possible for it to kind of shift when the uterus grows? At my very first scan at 9 weeks the sonographer said that my uterus was tilted, maybe that has something to do with it?

Everything is looking fine and the bubba is developing as she should and that's the main thing. Just a bit confused about this shift from posterior to anterior now.

Ahhhh team pink :) congratulations Dimmu! I'm behind on posts as we've had friends staying over the weekend.

Just to let you know I asked the sonographer at 13 weeks where my placenta was and she said posterior at the moment but wait until 20 week scan to see where it ends up so I guess from that they move as your uterus grows.

Congrats on another baby girl hun ;)

I think with placentas, as the grow they move upwards, so maybe its only slightly moved position, i was told anterior for mine but more over the left side of my tummy but im sure that will change, scan lady said to expect more movements & kicks from the right side x

Thanks, so pleased we are having another girl!

That's interesting, didn't realise the placenta could change positions, especially from posterior to anterior. I've heard about it moving up if it is low down to begin with, but guess anything is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->