Places your waters broke!?

countryrider

Reaction score
My last 2 pregnancies they broke my water in the hospital. However this time I have a fear of it breaking in public somewhere. I found out yesterday I'm 3cm dialated with really not having much cramps or anything...however I do feel LOTS of pressure down there from LO engaging, especially when I walk. Today I was at the swimming pool and sitting in the lounge chair I had awful sharp shooting pains in my bits. Sometimes it feels like she's gonna reach her hand right out and break the waters herself!!!

I'm the type of person who doesn't like attention on me...so if my waters breaks in public I'd be embarassed. Not that I could help it, and I'm sure people would understand...but still don't want it to happen!! LOL

Have any of you had your waters broken in places other than the hospital?

Mine broke in bed! Luckily they were trickling and didnt gush until i stood up out of bed!!

mine went while i was having a wee in a bush! :haha:

Mine broke while I was on the toilet in hospital. Even when in labour I'm neat and tidy :haha: x

My Nanna said hers broke in the kitchen on the lino floor. Her Mum said "that kitchen floor was never the same again!" :lol:

mine broke in bed just after id been for a pee. hubby thought id wet me self the daft beggar!!!

mine broke outside my neighbours house and it 'gushed' over my dads shoes!! lol x

oh gosh...how did your dad react to that?! LOL I'd be more comfortable having it break at home...although not sure how well my hubby would clean it while I'm gone at the hospital!?

And while you were peeing in the bush!!! LOL

I know what you mean about being scared they go in public!! I don't think I'd know what to do if they broke in Tesco or something :haha: x

First time In the hospital while in the middle of induction.
second time while in the middle of DTD with DH...I didnt even get to finish :rofl: although I wasn't that worried since I got my son instead!! lol

oh gosh...how did your dad react to that?! LOL I'd be more comfortable having it break at home...although not sure how well my hubby would clean it while I'm gone at the hospital!?

And while you were peeing in the bush!!! LOL

he didnt mind lol he was my contraction timer!! lol!

i heard somewhere that if your waters break in a supermarket you get free nappies for a year? dunno if its true but would be good if it was! x

My waters prematurely broke in ASDA at 14 weeks... they rehealed at 24 weeks :dance:

Quite an experience!! Though didn't know they'd gone at the time.

OMG on your DH!!!

We had sex tonight and I had that fear since I'm walking around 3cm dialated. Luckily though that did NOT happen!

1st baby they broke at home, already in labor. Baby #2 and #3 they had to break them in the hospital. I have also been walking around for a week at 3cm and fear them breaking at any moment.....but so far nothing (thankfully)

Yup on my DH....On the plus side he was just happy it wasnt pee! LOL

In bed... a big gush then a constant trickle... all 3 times :)

Also if ur waters break in some public places ( mostly shops, like ) they send u free stuff!!! so start walking around Mothercare daily from 37+ weeks!!

My waters with my 3 children have all been broken in hospital. I would die if they went out in public or even in my friends or family's house.

With my first I spent most of my labour at my aunts house, she had just had new sofa so covered it all in binbags just incase.

Luckily they never went lol,

mine broke on the living room carpet while my mom (who used to be a midwife) was feeling my belly to see if baby was engaged!!

I am terrified of them breaking in public this time especially as between 38-39 weeks I will be travelling on public transport every day.. my worst nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"