Our journey with Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly- Treatment completed 20/10/20

Wow his head has improved so much . His ears are if not aligned , are very very close . If I didn’t know , I wouldn’t even think he wore his helmet ! Amazing ! He’s so cute and I love his little outfit!

I know! Even the bumpy bits at the back of the head are not visible now, probably because he has so much thick hair covering it! I really dont see us needing it for 5 more months, I say 3 max, which means october, and hes 1 in November, so i have everything crossed!

Awww yay I found ure journal hon.
Hope little man is doing OK

I know! Even the bumpy bits at the back of the head are not visible now, probably because he has so much thick hair covering it! I really dont see us needing it for 5 more months, I say 3 max, which means october, and hes 1 in November, so i have everything crossed!

Fingers crossed for a October graduation! That would be amazing ! I know what you mean about his hair covering . DSs is the same makes it a tad harder to notice any changes ! Xx

*UPDATE*

We had our appointment yesterday, Enzo is down to 90% and hes at 6mm when we started at 19mm! Hes channelled a total of 29mm in just under 3 months!! We were told 7 months for treatment, but as it seems Enzo is a serial growth spurter, we are looking at only another 1 or 2 more months in the helmet! That's only if he keeps growing at the rate he has been. So so so happy, we are well into the green zone now!

Ooo was looking for your update yesterday !

Wow that’s just amazing ! The difference is incredible

Woop for the green zone !!

Thats amazing news! So glad.it helped so much and that his head is doing so much better!

Were now at 88% brachy, and down to 5mm plagio! Almost there!

Were now at 88% brachy, and down to 5mm plagio! Almost there!

Oh wow that’s amazing !!
I can’t believe how much it’s improved !
Is it just mainly working on getting the branchy down now then as his plague is so close to normal ?

These charts still confuse me all these weeks in haha !

Have you had any comments of the other mums in the school yard yet ?

So happy for you all !! Amazing

Last edited:
Oh wow that’s amazing !!
I can’t believe how much it’s improved !
Is it just mainly working on getting the branchy down now then as his plague is so close to normal ?

These charts still confuse me all these weeks in haha !

Have you had any comments of the other mums in the school yard yet ?

So happy for you all !! Amazing

Thanks hun! Hes doing amazing! I think so.. tbh I think she just wants to get to the corner of his chart which is practically perfect I think, his chart said he's now in the middle of the bottom corner which is perfect measurements, and the end of the green zone, so to me he still has a perfect head of course, you can't even see no difference now, his hair has over grown the last of any lump or bump! :haha:

Weve had a few stares, but tbh, I have a lot of the school mums on my Facebook and I obviously put pictures of him wearing it on there, so its not a bit shock to a lot of them, but there are others we've not seen since before lockdown and I think they wonder what the helmet is for, and as its personalised with his name on it kind of looks like he wears it for fun :haha:

How's your little dude doing, ive not been on here in forever!

You would never think he had severe brachy and plagio now!

IMG_20200913_111644_464.jpg

Ahhh wow that’s just amazing !! I love hearing how he is doing and the great progress !

Haha I’ve had a few looks at school too but also a few reassuring comments from mums who have had other friends kids wearing them. It’s funny the ones who look but are too worried to ask !

Ahhhh he’s tooo adorable !! He’s a proper little boy now ! Handsome little fella!

We are going next week for our appointment ! Always get nervous before we are due to go. He’s been doing great apart from teething !

There’s defiantly an improvement in his head shape I don’t immediately notice anything now and you can see the roundness at the back from the side now as opposed to just all flat . I can feel it too. So I’m hoping for lower down the chart !

Ahhh wow that’s just amazing !! I love hearing how he is doing and the great progress !

Haha I’ve had a few looks at school too but also a few reassuring comments from mums who have had other friends kids wearing them. It’s funny the ones who look but are too worried to ask !

Ahhhh he’s tooo adorable !! He’s a proper little boy now ! Handsome little fella!

We are going next week for our appointment ! Always get nervous before we are due to go. He’s been doing great apart from teething !

There’s defiantly an improvement in his head shape I don’t immediately notice anything now and you can see the roundness at the back from the side now as opposed to just all flat . I can feel it too. So I’m hoping for lower down the chart !

Hahaha I know I have it in supermarkets, today in Lidls an old lady stopped and said beautiful weather, isn't he going to be too hot in that winter hat? I actually had to hold in my laughter... winter hat, I've never seen a winter hat look like a helmet before! :haha: but I was polite about it and explained, and she did apologise, but that's been the best so far :haha:

Thats amazing hun! Do you have an inkling on how long he may have to still wear it? Out next appointment now is the 4th October, then he turns 1 in November, its a push again time and I don't think he will be put of it by then, but it is possible x

Hahaha that’s so funny !!

At our initial appointment she said 6 months which would take us to Xmas time . We will have a better idea on Saturday at our next appointment . Can’t believe how fast these 13 weeks have gone and the massive difference

Wow coming up to his first birthday too ! Xx

Today we are down to 87% CI and 3mm.

We're on the home stretch!

We have an appointment next month a day before Enzos 1st birthday, we want to reach 85% and we are then complete! It looks like hes going to stay at 3mm, but even if that goes down its an added bonus.

If he hasn't reached 85% by next month, then he will 1000% be done by December. Im so excited for him to start wearing little bobble hats again!

Its been so emotional today, to think we only had 2% to get down and then we will graduate:)

Wow this is such great news !!

All my fingers are crossed for next month for him!

It’s going to be very emotional when our boys do get their helmets off ! I will cry for sure haha !

We are hoping for 5% from now until December taking him to a finish point of 87/88% and a 3mm !

I cannot wait to snuggle him without it on . Although it’s defiantly saved a few bumps from happening , weird because they will have to get used to not wearing it haha !

Wow this is such great news !!

All my fingers are crossed for next month for him!

It’s going to be very emotional when our boys do get their helmets off ! I will cry for sure haha !

We are hoping for 5% from now until December taking him to a finish point of 87/88% and a 3mm !

I cannot wait to snuggle him without it on . Although it’s defiantly saved a few bumps from happening , weird because they will have to get used to not wearing it haha !

I will cry too! His hair is so thick and curly now, all in the time of wearing a helmet! I spoke to soon with the bumps, for the first time last night Enzo has a big bump on my coffee table now hes on the move, it was within his half hour helmet free time, and he had a little egg on his head! :( its okay now, just bruised, but when I start to think I just want the helmet off, I then think.. am I really prepared for him to be without it? While being helmeted, hes learnt to crawl and pull himself up on furniture so he is completely unaware that things actually hurt without it! It will take some time for us both to get used to that :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->