Plan Bill one step pill question

myangel167

Reaction score
my husband and I were ntnp but after very recently (3 days ago!) having a big financial issue, we decided to officially wtt for another 6 months or so before we put ourselves back in the ntnp category again. :/ But last week on cd 13 & 16 we had unprotected sex and he came inside me, so as soon as we made that decision to officially wait, I went to the pharmacy and picked up a plan B pill. I took it 3 days ago. (so it was 4 days after, and one day after we had unprotected sex) According to the label on the pill box it says you have 3 days to take the pill after sex, but my doctor said that it works for actually up to 5 days.

I've read some stuff online that says that the pill just delays ovulation, so if you already ovulated or are ovulating, it wont work.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking okay, that makes sense. But at the same time, why would they make this pill that supposedly helps prevent pregnancy, if it doesnt even work during the time frame that you will get pregnant? then whats the point, right?

So my question is....has anyone ever tried the plan b pill? any "plan B babies" out there?? What do you think about my situation? Do you think there is a chance I will get pregnant? (I know there is always a slight chance...but I'm thinking, how much of a chance in my case??)

by the way, i normally have between a 29-31 day cycle on average

just fyi-if i was pregnant I would of course keep it and be happy and excited and make it work! I just prefer that it doesn't happen this month. maybe after 5-6 more months go by! :)

hmm, no responses. Did I put this in the wrong category??? I'm really hoping someone can give me some input.

Thanks

I have done plan B before. I did it within 24 to 48 hours. I would think there might be a chance you could get pregnant anyway, just depends. The way I've understood it, it either makes it so the egg can't penetrate the sperm or keeps any already fertilized egg from being about to attach to the wall of your uterus. I would just try not to think about it unless you miss AF and then of course test. Good luck to you.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I read something online that says its only ever 89% effective, but drops to 65% effective after 3 days, and keeps dropping until after the 5th day, when it no longer works. On the actual label it says it works mainly by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary. It is possible that Plan B One-Step® may also work by preventing fertilization of an egg (the uniting of sperm with the egg) or by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb).

So i guess I feel a little more confident that it will probably work for me.

BUT.....there is a little part of me that hopes it doesn't. :) I'm fine with being the mommy of a plan B baby. lol

For me, AF is due on Feb 8, so I'll keep you updated!

I look forward to hearing what happens. Good luck to you. What is meant to be will be! :)

I've never taken the plan B pill, so I'm not really sure, but I think it also either prevents the sperm from merging with the egg and preventing an otherwise fertilized egg from implanting. I did consider taking it when I was with my ex after the first time that we DTD because he came inside anyway despite my warning that I was not on BC anymore as I'd stopped the depo shot a year and a half prior (honestly I think he was aiming to get me pregnant the whole time that we were sexually active in our relationship). I chickened out after we got to the store though. Fortunately I wasn't pregnant, I guess the shot's effect hadn't worn off at that point because it took me another year after that to get normal periods again.

Good luck, let us know how it all turns out! :hugs:

I'll def update this thread in a week or so if AF comes or not. :)

I read some surprising facts about the plan b pill online....did you know that if your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or over then this pill is less effective!? and if your bmi is over 35 then its ineffective!? My BMI is 25.3! so i guess there is another factor counting against me here...

I just noticed that this says, "PLAN BILL" hahaha! oops!

I wouldn't worry as the chances of getting pregnant anyway are low. But as you read it's only 89% effective and less effective as time goes on. My friend on here, everdreaming, is currently pregnant with her morning after pill baby. :)

yeah true, i think i heard somewhere that a normal fertile woman only ever has a 25% chance of getting pregnant each month while ovulating anyway

Lol, I told myself that a year ago today when I was about to take a pregnancy test because I was late. I told myself "We only had unprotected sex once in January and there is only a 25% chance that you'll get pregnant even if you try really hard anyway, so AF is probably just late again". Then when I POAS, BAM! Instant :bfp: and I was completely stunned. You never realize how big 25% is until you're in that 25%. Don't worry though, you still have 75% working in your favor, so those odds are a lot better! I was just really lucky or unlucky depending on how you view it. :haha:

just to update in case anyone was wondering...not pregnant.

I'm sorta bummed honestly. lol But, I know its for the best right now.

It's always disappointing to see a :bfn:, even when you're hoping for one. I was feeling seriously pregnant a few weeks ago and tested and even though I was hoping that I wasn't pregnant because it would be way too soon after DS and I need to wait for physical and emotional reasons I still felt a twinge of sadness when I saw it.

It'll be okay though, the wait is worth it and the longer you wait the more exciting the experience will be. :hugs:

It's pretty funny how we can be all "Oh God I hope I'm not pregnant!!!7" then get a bfn and then be all sad and disappointed lol. I've done it before...more than once lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->