Planning my own babyshower

Teampink322

Reaction score
I decided to plan my own baby shower since me and my OH relocated after college and our family lives states away. I know I cant rely on friends since were all pretty young and I dont feel like I can depend on them well enough. I am planning EVERYTHING (maybe a bit OCD) I ordered the decorations, planned out the favors and game prizes. I also have a bakery for the cake. I read on alot of sites about planning your own shower and etiquette... but I say WHATEVER it's 2011 and were in a sucky economy so if you want something done its best to just go ahead and do it yourself. Family is helping out with food, I have a friend hosting it, another friend handling music, and some other friends helping to decorate. As this is my first baby I dont want to be disappointed and I understand that someone just fully hosting a shower for me could be a hardship on them. So I am accepting help when offered and I have no problem asking for help. Just wanted to give a little motivation for the mums frustrated with shower blues. :hugs:

Yeah I'm doing the same thing, only I'm having one in FL and one in VA...my best friend is mostly doing the FL one, but I'll be doing the VA one, mostly planning and decorating...i'll have a bit of help though...sometimes it is best to plan something yourself...I hope it all goes great for us both! :)

I originally was going to have three showers and a friend who was going to host/throw me my "friend" shower ended up bailing at the last minute so now my mom is trying to throw a shower for 75 people....I wish I would have just hosted a shower for my friends on my own. Only nice part is having 2 showers instead of 3! You women are smart haha :)

Thanks, glad I'm not the only one. My shower date is 4 days after my birthday so I see this as me planning my birthday gift lol

I thought about it since DH and I live away from family and friends and I really wanted something to celebrate being pregnant and kind of a last get together before baby- but I don't have anyone to invite!

I thought about it since DH and I live away from family and friends and I really wanted something to celebrate being pregnant and kind of a last get together before baby- but I don't have anyone to invite!

Same here! :blush:
I mean my whole family lives overseas and I don't really have that many friends.
And nobody has money and my inlaws already gave us baby stuff for Christmas.
So I guess no shower for me :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->