Planning to TTC around events ?

loulabell

Reaction score
Is anyone else not wanting to get pregnant at certain times whilst trying?
I really don't want a xmas baby because my nephew is born nov, my mum, OH dad, OH older sister, OH younger sister, my cousins birthdays are all in the two weeks before xmas, and OH SIL is due in December! So I want to stop trying between feb-april when we do start trying. Anyone in the same boat ?

We want a Spring/Summer baby this time as it is SOOOO costly. We have christmas then ds's birthday at end jan. So christmas plus birthday party, we found out this year its hard to do :dohh: So we will be ttc from july (april) and if havent fallen preg will stop nov (aug) might seem crazy but it's such hard work around christmas without any more birthdays :shrug:

We'll be following a similar pattern to wtbmummy due to wanting a summer baby. We currently have DD's birthday at the end of October, our anniversary at the start of November, Christmas, my birthday at the start of jan, and then OH's birthday at the start of march. It's an expensive 6 months!!

I also want another warm weather baby (it was so much easier to get out and about with a newborn), plus I didn't want to be pregnant while hubby was gone! So we didn't try before he left. But I don't think we'll avoid certain months just to avoid a winter baby if it doesn't happen quickly. :)

We've timed starting to TTC with the hopes of having an early fall baby, but we're fine with later months as well so I don't anticipate us stopping to wait for another specific month/season if we don't get pregnant right away.

We are hoping for an early spring baby so I can take my three months and then DH will have the summer off.

Glad I'm not the only one! I just literally couldn't afford to have a baby in Xmas, I would love a April/May baby but obviously you cant choose LOL so I would be more then happy with a Feb-Oct baby (just not Nov-Jan) :)

We planned our ds to be a September baby-worked out well. Was due 29th sept, but born 10th oct.
Did this as we have two December girls and didn't want a third Xmas baby!

When we ttc no 4, would aim for a feb birthday so there's another birthday gap

we're due to start trying january 2016 but my close friend has asked me to be bridesmaid for her wedding october 2016... this is too close for me. I could either be heavily pregnant or in labour on her wedding day :( not sure what to do...

This conflicts with our original plan of an october baby, which was what we wanted not to be too close to christmas, other peoples birthdays and to get the best option for maternity leave (i work in a school and this would cause the least disruption as i wouldn't end up leaving or coming back halfway through the year)

Might just do it anyway and what will be will be.

We are planning to start ttc in June for a baby born in March or later. We want a spring/early summer baby so that it lines up with my summer break from my job. I really want to maximize my time off with at least 4 months.

Ideally a spring or summer baby. We're getting married July 2016 and will start trying around then so if it works right away we'd be in April. I also love Christmas time and I think Christmas with a 6-ish month old would be fun. :)

I couldn't care less! I wouldn't mind a Christmas baby except for the disruption to my lg. you have a year to save between birthdays no matter when they are you just start earlier if it's near an expensive time.

We're probably aiming for a 2 year age gap which would mean if I get pg straight away it would be an autumn baby (LO is august)

I remember people saying a summer baby would be nice due to the weather but by the time I was confident out and about it was September. A spring baby would be ideal from that point of view but for me that would mean ttc for 9 months.

I want a fall a baby next! We have my niece and nephew who live by us in March, my BIL, SIL, DH and DS are all in the same week in April, Mothers day, my moms bday and my bday are in May. Other than a nephews bday in August we have no bdays in the fall. I don't know if timing will work out to try so if not we will go for a Jan (April) baby just so they can have their own bday month without having to share.

We were planning a spring baby next, so that DD1 had done a term in reception and DD2 had started nursery (January). DD1s birthday is beginning of March so we were planning for end of March onwards. I'm desperate to start trying so in my head that's when baby was coming. Until close friends (& DD1s godmother) announced their wedding at the end of March. Abroad. A 12 hour flight away. So inconsiderate! :winkwink:

We've now postponed trying until end of September so I'm, at most, 6 months pregnant. If I'm not pregnant by the end of December we'll stop trying for a couple of months so I'm not in the first trimester while away.

Frustrated we've had to put it off but it'll be a lovely holiday!

Sort of. I have an August baby and it is good because she will start school within weeks of turning 5 so she wont be the youngest or oldest in the class. If I have another I would like to plan it around my DD. By that I mean I would like her to either be settled in nursery, maybe 3.5 years gap or a few months before hand so she can settle in with the baby at home before she goes to nursery so maybe 2.5!

I would rather 3.5 though as it means we get her nursery funding which will mean I get some one to one time with the baby. So many factors!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"