Plans for work after baby is born/ maternity leave ??

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Hey :)
Just being nosey, I know we have a while yet but I'm just wondering what work you do now what hours you and oh do? And what your plans are once baby is born? Will you go back? Get a child minder etc?

I work full time at the moment, and I'm planning to come back full time when my maternity leave is over! My work do offer part-time if you want it, but people tend to not hang around for long if they choose that option, plus I want to get back to earning what I earn now!

We have both sets of parents in the same town so hoping we'll only have to consider one or two days of childcare per week!! Fingers crossed!!

I also work full time at the moment and planning to take my 3 months martenity leave and thereafter get a live in nanny because i do not trust these child care facilities.

I work 32 hours over 4 days, and my DH is a shift worker doing 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts & then he gets 4 days off - then it begins again.

I'll be taking about 3-4 months off (we get paid maternity leave for 18 weeks) and then I'll be going back to work for 3 days a week & baby will be in child care 3 days a week.

I taking a year out then going back to university

Right now I work 40 hours a week, but I get to choose my own schedule. I haven't decided if I will switch my schedule around after the baby yet, but I do plan on coming back to work full time. I plan on maternity leave for about 2 months and then have an in-home daycare for the baby.

I'm a stay st home mum at the moment for my one year old. I've applied to uni for this September but hopefully if I get in I'll be able to defer a year so I'll be at home for another year and go to university. And put my two kids in nursery :(

I'm hoping I can take a year off once the baby is here. But 3-4 off would be the minimum. Prayfully our finances will allow such.

I'm a nanny so just taking 2 weeks off to heal otherwise looking after kids is easy and I need the money lol Depending when I give birth I'll have about 5 weeks before my semester at college starts.

I work from home, I do 20 hours a week. DH works normal 9-5 hours. I'll probably take 6 months off. I'll have my DD and this LO at home for a while and then DD will be at preschool part time so I'll just have LO number 3 to work around (DS will start school just before LO is due)

I am a stay at home mom so DH will be able to take the 9 months leave the government gives fathers.

my dh works full time from home and i work full time but will take a year off then decide if i want to be a sahm or go back i am lucky that i can choose and dont have to work so the sahm is the plan for now x atm my dh looks after the kids when i work and i look after them when he does so no nanny or childcare needed x

Dh and I both work full time regular hours. I plan to take the year off as given and then return to work full time. Both DS and this new LO will go to daycare full time once I'm back to work

I work part-time (20 hrs) mostly from home for my main job (HR) and also do a couple hours a week as a dog trainer. I will take full maternity leave from my main job, but probably keep the dogs on weekends, when my husband will take care of the baby. But I'm not sure about this )))

I'm also not sure how soon will I want to start my maternity leave - 36 weeks? I know, I need to notify my employer by June 20th, so still plenty of time to decide )) What everyone else is planning?

DH works 8-5 Monday to Friday. I work 2 part time jobs- which adds up to about 33.5 hours or more a week. I work as a women's counsellor and an Admin Assistant.

With the Admin job my boss hired me before DH and I got married this year knowing we were going to have baby # 2 because he wants me to come back after my mat leave (which I get 1 year I Canada <3 SO grateful!). Problem is, while this Admin job was interesting at first its now become very monotonous, boring and I am not 100% sure I want to come back to this. I feel really terrible about it, but I think Admin work is really not my area of interest. I enjoy Counselling, and have also began my training as a birth doula. So I don't know if I will be coming back.

Plus, OH doesn't want me to work- he wants me to be a SAHM. I want to work but just P/T. Currently our DD is in daycare 3 days a week, and she tells me she wants to stay home with me everyday. Which makes it hard.

I'm a self employed photographer and plan to work around baby like I do my children. Probably for the first few weeks baby will be with me in the studio then once I express milk and baby takes to a bottle DH can have him/her whilst I work. Did look into taking maternity pay but as I'm only part time I won't get much so be easier just to have 1 client a week which would pay more thn the maternity pay itself x

Currently work 40 hours/week. Want to take off a year, but probably just take off 3 months then come back very part time... maybe 2 days a week. My mom lives 15min away... will watch baby on days I work :thumbup:

If all goes to plan id like to take holiday from 34-39weeks then 9-10months mat leave. I currently work 30hours over 5 days and will go back to that with childcare for LO split between me, nursery and my parents. DS will start school the week LO is due! Omg!!!!! Another challenge x

DH and I have been saving for me to take a full year. I get 6 months full pay, 3 months statutory maternity pay £138 per week before tax) and 3 months of nothing - though I would have accrued annual leave and bank holidays etc so will claim that.

I think I will go back FT after that but may reduce to 30hrs or so depending how things work out. LO will be in a mix of childcare and with my mum perhaps one day a week.

If I wanted to stay at home we would have to downsize our house or move to a cheaper area as our mortgage needs the 2 incomes! Eek!!!

I work 56-60hrs per week as a childminder so I'm home anyway. I'm going to take 3-4 weeks off to heal etc then go back into it. But I'm going to give notice to my early morning drop off so therefore reducing my hours to 47 per week. I also work as a first responser at the weekends and some nights but that's being cut down to sat nights only and again will take a few months off of that once baby is here cause of night feeds etc then back into that. My husband works full time so I don't need to work as much but I think when you are used to earning a certain amount to sustain your lifestyle then taking a pay cut is hard. But as I work from home primarily I'm not away from my baby at all so that makes it much easier xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"