Play ideas........

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by saraendepity, Dec 21, 2009.

1. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

ok so i know loads of people have been asking this kinda thing recently and i have been running out of ideas of thigs to do when i'm in most of the day(especially with the weather!:cry:) so i thought i would start this......if anyone has any things they do with LO or they used to do with LO then reply and i will update the relevant post....will post again with 0-3,3-6 etc etc so everything is on the first page and we wont have to trawl through loads of pages to find out what we want if that makes sense???

sara

xxxxxx

2. saraendepity

0-3:

Dancing to musicadded by Mum2b_Claire

take them on a tour - Flat,House,Garden etc talk about what you are looking at, let them feel different textures added by Rachel_C
    Sit them infront of a Washing machine/Tumble dryer added by Rachel_C -(i have also done this and it really entertains them) :thumbup:

3. saraendepity

3-6:

Sing interactive songs -
    Row Row Row your boat (holding hands and rocking back and forth with them)
    This little Piggy
    Round and round the garden

Get sone different textured and coloured fabrics for them to feel and put over their heads and play Peek a boo! (Daisy loves see thru fabric over her face)

Introduce Heuristic play - lots of everyday objecs for them to explore and bang etc https://www.littleacornstomightyoaks.co.uk/Articles/Treasure basket.php

Reading Books (soft ones are great for chewing on!!) added by elly75
    Playing 'horsie'added by elly75

4. saraendepity

6-9:

Peek a Boo added by Faille
    Water Playadded by Faille
    Racing to grab a toy before mummy/daddy etcadded by Faille

Interactive Nursery rhymes added by Lu28
    Building blocks to knock downadded by Lu28
    Musical instruments added by Lu28

5. saraendepity

9-12:

6. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Putting some music on and dancing around with them, and singing. Good for any age! Sorry, that's a bit rubbish but Ruby loves it and I have been getting desperate recently!

7. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

It's not really playing but Leyla's three months old and LOVES it when her dad takes her on a tour of the flat!!! It's a teeny one bedroom flat but there are still bits that she doesn't see often, like the kitchen and bathroom, so she loves looking around especially when he points out everything to her. Of course it involves a stop at all the mirrors too!

8. elly75

elly75 Guest

I don't know if 'reading' would be considered a play idea or not. This can be done at any age but when they get to 3 months and beyond they might want to get more involved with the book (like holding it or even eating it!)

Playing 'horsie' (bouncing the little one up and down on your leg. We've done this a lot with him since he was about 2-3 months old and enjoys it a bit.

9. saraendepity

keep em coming girlies!!! anything is great - i think we could all use some different ideas of anything to do ...we all have those days :thumbup:

i'm adding to which ever category i think is appropriate but obv some will cross over :D

10. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

LO likes it when someone holds her with her tummy lying on their arm and then zooms her close to someone else - so she kinda looks like an aeroplane lol

She also loves peek-a-boo (only just starting to pay attention to it) and 'racing' to see who can grab a toy first.

She also loves playing with water so bath toys etc are good for us to introduce now.

And of course, the old favourite, looking at herself in the mirror. This has been a firm fave for months and still is!

Not sure if that's the kinda thing you were looking for x

11. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

We sing interactive nursery rhymes, have done since she was about 3 months old
    Just starting on heuristic play but could have started earlier
    Since sitting (7 months) she enjoys sitting under her baby gym playing with the hanging toys and playing with some other bits on the ground
    Building blocks for her to knock over (6-9 months for us)
    Starting to play with musical instruments (started 6-9 months)

I'll think of more later but she's crying now - trying to get to her mirror but keeps going backwards! :dohh:

12. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

ooh a lady on the bus told me this one - sit them in their bouncer in front of the washing machine while it's on. leyla loves it!

13. saraendepity

ooh yeah - i forgot that, Daisy loves it - tumble dryer too...she loves it when it stops to go the other way..gets soooo excited!!!!:happydance:

14. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

Some more, probably suited to at least 6-9m

Messy play (using cold cooked spaghetti, baked beans, jelly, sand, water etc) - best when they can sit unaided.

Painting (not quite sure how this works tbh but our non walking baby group does this alot).

Sitting opposite LO and rolling a ball to them, or if they're crawling then roll it away from them and let them 'chase' it.

Playing with blowing bubbles

Playing with balloons

Filling shoe boxes with different items / materials and only having a small hole in the top, so LO has to put hand in and 'discover' what's inside without being able to see it.