Playing Music / Singing to your Baby!

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
My bosses lovely wife just rang me to congratulate me on my news and said it's wonderful (much nicer reaction than my boss gave ("ADOPT!")!!).

She works in Psychotherapy and was giving me advice. Said one of the best things you can do is play 'nice' music to your baby and to sing to your baby aswell...

Do/did any of your take the musical approach or recommend it?

when i was pregnant with chloe i couldnt stop listening to james blunts album, and as soon as she hears any song from it she listens intently to it!!! i also sung 2 my bump :oops:

lol - ur blushing face made me laugh

Surprised your child isnt depressed Yvanne!!! lol. That is a great album but sooo depressing.

As for singing...i wouldnt want to punish my unborn...

I might whip out some Marvin Gaye or Aretha Franklin, my child might become the next X Factor.... :roll:

:serenade:

lol i know, i seem 2 like deprssing bands lol, like coldplay etc 2 :roll:

Jonny used to sing songs to frankie when I was pregnant. She knew his voice the minute he first talked to her. He still sings to calm her.

Yvanne said:
when i was pregnant with chloe i couldnt stop listening to james blunts album, and as soon as she hears any song from it she listens intently to it!!! i also sung 2 my bump :oops:

lol snap! Coby went on to have mild colic for a couple of hours in the evenings, it only lasted a month or so but James blunt was a god send, as soon as i put him on Coby seemd to get calmer

xx

I sing along to the radio a lot plus I like to dance them about a bit :oops:

Don't worry, I'll find them a therapist for when they're older :lol:

A friend of mind used to use a personal stereo on her bump while she was at work and it kept her bump nice and quiet. :D

When I was pregnant with DS I tried playing my bump with a variety of different music to see what he responded to, and the one thing that made him move around loads was norwigien lack metal :)

But I also made a point of finding a nice soothing song that I could sing along with to him an continue one he was orn. (Farewell and Goodnight by the Smashing Pumpkins) And this became his nursery rhyme.

I have found that once he becomes familier wit a song it works great to sooth him, like a song they did on boogie beeies aout favorite food and the theme from come outside. If I have difficulty getting him to settle at night I sing this to him and he stops crying. So I think its def worth a go, great way to bond with your baby too.

When I have time, I put the musical toy we have bought for Alfie's cot on my belly and play that to him 3 or 4 times, hoping it will help settle him when he goes to bed........method and madness :wink:

Yvanne said:
lol i know, i seem 2 like deprssing bands lol, like coldplay etc 2 :roll:

I seen Coldplay at Bellahouston last year-class!

"Look at the stars, look how they shine on you......"

i love thm lol!! ive inly ever seen pink in concert tht was faaaaab!!!

Natalie&Karl said:
Said one of the best things you can do is play 'nice' music to your baby and to sing to your baby aswell...

We did!!

Tam played Eminem to Alfie Every Night!!!!

And she wonders why he's kickin the crap outta her at the mo'!

Only kidding, we used to play Brahm's Lullabye (Hi little toy plays it) to Alfie every night but stopped when Tam went to bed before me!

Thought it would allow him to associate the music with a safe envirnment!

When i was pregnant I used to sing and play the harp but i dont know if it helped as I had a miscarriage shortly after! :cry: My cat loves me playing though and falls asleep. :lol:

Natalie&Karl said:
My bosses lovely wife just rang me to congratulate me on my news and said it's wonderful (much nicer reaction than my boss gave ("ADOPT!")!!).

She works in Psychotherapy and was giving me advice. Said one of the best things you can do is play 'nice' music to your baby and to sing to your baby aswell...

OMG is that what your boss said to you ? :shock:

I used to sing alot when pg with Ella, usually in the car. and I got a CD from pampers which played classical music, then it would play it back as it would sound in the womb to your baby. I kow classical is boring to listen to, but its meant to be good to play to bubs.

I think my singing and dancing around must have had some effect on Ella beuase now she's a little show off always dances to any catchy beats and she sings too, her favourite is row row row your boat and she sings "row row row row row" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->