playing on their own

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Hannah is almost 17 months old and I was wondering how much time during the day do other LOs around her age spend playing on their own?

This is new territory for us, Hannah's always been really clingy and always wanted us right by her, even if she wasn't directly interacting with us. Just recently she'll play on her own on the floor while I do dishes/cook dinner/surf the web. So now I worry that I don't interact with her enough :haha: (never happy are we :rofl:)

Haha i'm the same way, it's always something, I worry about the same thing. But I figure if he's happy and playing by himself or his brothers and he's thriving and all that it's fine, I just follow him. I always play with him during the day of course but there are many times he's just off playing without me there, I talk to him alot even when he's sitting on the floor in here playing alone about what he's doing but sometimes he doesn't want me actually down there playing with him so I figure if he's happy it's what he needs and try not to worry that maybe that day I didn't spend enough time one on one with him

Hi my little boy is almost 16 months old. He plays on his own a lot. If he asks me to play with him I will but usually he will play quite happily while I get my chores done. My mum tells me I should play with him more she always sits there and plays with him for ages!! She loves playing with him and he has learnt so much from her. She has him for me two days a week while i am at work. I think its good for them to play by themselves sometimes xx

^My mom gripes at me and tells me I spend to much time playing with Hannah :rofl:

They will always find something to moan about!!! xx

I must get about 2 hours during a day at the very most play time with Hallie :( She HATES me playing with her yet she will play with kids all day so its not like she doesn't like sharing. It's just adults! She will come to me with a book or a toy and we will play then but if I start something during the day drawing/a puzzle etc she will lie down beside me tehn after about 20 seconds she grabs my hand and guides me to the couch away from her :shock:

That's why she has such long baths in the morning and evening as that is my time where I get her and she can't run away she just sits and talks and sings with me or i will get in sometimes I will get in the bath with her so we can have a good old splash.

Also of a morning I don't bring Hallie downstairs before 9am! If she is up early I get her in my bed and she gets my makeup bag and we put the cartoons on and we will play up stairs. She doesn't seem to mind that.

Charlye plays on her own most of the day. She clings when I leave the room, but so long as I'm in the room she's content to just do her own thing. she'll play with Austin a bit, but he's still too young to really play

Tabs has always played on her own, she doesnt really play 'games' just kinda messes about with things :shrug: I've always worried that i dont spend enough time entertaining her :(

Chloe woud play on her own all day if I let her, not interesested in us at all, even at toddler groups I feel like I could drop her off and leave the room nd she wouldn't notice I'd gone!

Grace prefers to play on her own. She won't play games she would rather just go from one thing to another. She could play for hours on her own

Chloe woud play on her own all day if I let her, not interesested in us at all, even at toddler groups I feel like I could drop her off and leave the room nd she wouldn't notice I'd gone!

Hannah would most definitely notice :rofl:

Tabs has always played on her own, she doesnt really play 'games' just kinda messes about with things :shrug: I've always worried that i dont spend enough time entertaining her :(

Pretty much the same with Jasmine... She will play with us a bit, but usually as soon as I sit down to do something she is running off somewhere else to play with something else. I read her books, and sometimes she will bring one to me to read.

I feel like this with charlie. He loves playing on his own as long as I am near. He doesn't like me playing wiht him and if I sit on the floor and try and play with him he ignores me! x

we do a real mixture, she's very contented to play on her own, as long as i'm about (though she'd probably prefer when she plays with my mum :lol:) but i suppose we kinda of alternate, if i'm cleaning she has a little play on her own, then we read a book or colour, or play a game (hide and seek goes down well here, though it's often us generally running around being silly :lol:) and then she's happy to have some more play time on her own xx

oh and to add, i constantly worry i don't give her enough time :dohh: though i think it's just part of being a mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->