Please advise me if you have had this before..

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
at 7.45pm I had what felt like an awful cramping feeling.. almost like period pains but much worse.. and I was doubled over on the kitchen floor.

I dont know whether to place the pain in my uterus or my bowel.. it was like that awful doubled over pain you get when you have really bad wind or dioreah!
After 3 mins or so it faded enough for me to go and sit on the loo.. but I didnt produce anything not even a fart! Only a piddle.

I was concerned cos it wasnt really going.. and by now the pain had been there for 4 minutes. I read somewhere that some have gone into premature labour and been dialated by 1cm so I checked my cervix with my finger hoping to ease my mind and was horrified to learn that my finger could literally fit into the hole! The hole in the cervix! (I made sure my finger was clean)

Does that mean I am dialated? or is this normal for a pregnant woman? Now I havent tried before since being preggers but I remember on other occassions the hole being very very small and tight before I was ever pregnant.

Am I dialating?

so sorry if this is TO MUCH INFO.. but I am paniking a bit.
I came down and rested on the sofa. The pain subsided by 8.20pm but all through it the baby was kicking like mad making things feel alot worse.
I am ok again now and just relaxing however my cervix is still like it was.

Let me know if any of you have this.. do you check yours?
I havent my midwifes number to call her as I recently got a new phone as my old one was faulty still within warranty. I was hoping to get it from docs on tuesday.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: worried worried

omg hun bet this is super scary for u :hugs: dont know wether u shud be able to touch top of ur cervix, but i defo cant ........ keep trying mw but stop prodding aswell u might cause a bleed or somat x

Perhaps calling the local hospital might help, or nhs 24. Hope you're ok! X x x

I think that may be a good idea sb22 if it comes back. Its been 2 hours since it happened.. I just hope that it was a bowel pain and my cervix is 'normal'

Phone NHS direct hon and ask, it could be BH or just a bit of trapped wind you can't dislodge. If in doubt call the doctor/mw, best be on the safe side hon. Glad he/she is kicking. xxx

I'd call hospital to be on the safe side. Oh my God sweetie, i hope everything is ok. Got everything crossed for you, please keep us updated x x x

hey hun defo call someone to get checked out.

can i ask is this your first baby i saw in your sig that it says you havent fallen pg in 4 years. just wondering as they say that once you have a baby with future pregnancies the cervix sometimes never fully closes.

really hope its nothing hun and just really bad trapped wind but i know if something worries me i always make sure i get checked out. otherwise i will fret for however long til i know things are fine iykwim and thats what the hospitals etc are there for x

thanks guys.. I am feeling much better and havent checked the cervix again yet. I dont wanna over prod at it. So I will see how I am tonight and check it in the morning. However I had had at least 4 Braxton Hicks in the last 3 hours. THey seem to come everytime I get off the sofa tonight so I am going to bed soon for some strict rest . lol

If my cervix is still the same in the morning I will call nhs direct or docs to get MW number again. x
Yes this is my first baby. x

Glad you're feeling better. Let us know how you get on x x x Get good sleep x x x

Tbh .. If you're having braxton hicks and your cervix is open at 22 weeks I'd take my self up the hospital just to be on the safe side. They can quickly check you and its better to be safe than sorry. :hug:

If your worried go to the hospital babe! It may just be BH but at least then you will know!
:hugs:

well I feel just back to normal today and baby is kicking like mad. Checked cervix this morning again and its still the same. Dunno..

I am driving to London today (100miles each way) cos my little 12 year old sister is coming to stay with me for a few days. I'll ring NHS direct on the way down.. but other than that I feel fine. Thanks for all your well wishes and concerns. x
Later on tonight I'll update on what NHS said.

Hope everything is ok. Im having an achey weekend.... i hate them it terrifies me.Im not in agony or anything just hate the slight switches or small aches :(

hi, i had the same pain the other day and could not move felt so horrible but turns out i just needed to pass wind but i know how you felt hope you are feeling better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->