Please answer my poll!!

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
Hi Mummies :flower:

I'm sorry if this has been asked lots before but I am wondering how effective perennial massage is. Also how common tearing is. So I have set up a little poll.

Thank you for reading! xx

I did it before the birth and still tore. So for me it didn't help but I did have a 48 hr labor and DD was back to back...

i did it, but ended up having an episiotomy, so not sure wether i would have still tore or not

x

Sorry, but I don't think a massage once a year will make any difference!

:rofl: :rofl:

Didn't massage and i had a second degree internal tear.

if it helps, stiching me back together and the healing of that wasn't painful at all. Now the outer grazing, now THAT was a bitch!

I did it but had to have an episiotomy so have no idea :flower:

first baby : was cut for forceps but tore a little bit further (not too bad)
second baby : 2nd degree tear, no intervention but waterbirth so supposedly softens up down there anyway??!!

I didn't massage. Didn't have a perennial tear but had a labial one instead.

i didnt massage but my notes say i had a first degree tear, though midwife called it a graze!! didnt have stitches xx

I did it and didn't tear. I also did some other slightly odd things too though like massaging the area with EPO and putting EPO capsules up my hooha every night to moisturise the area! :blush: Worked though, I had the midwife asking me for tips because she was pregnant with her first! :haha:

I really meant to massage (even bought the gel from mothercare) but just couldn't bring myself to do it the way you are supposed to.

Had 2nd degree tear but it really was fine. Didn't feel it happening, stitches weren't painful (although the midwife used a tampon while doing them which was the worst part) and healed fine without even thinking about them. Had no pain down there after the birth at all.

Did the massage with the perineal oil from MC for four weeks and was vigourous about it!

Had a third degree tear with nearly 40 stitches which was re operated on over a week later.

I think it is all very individual and i dont think i'll bother next time!

LO was born at 7lb 15oz so was not even a big baby (even though she is a porker now!)

Nope and nope. I couldnt reach let alone fiddle! :rofl:

Did massage and got 2nd degree tear but I'd only massaged for one week cos LO arrived early. If nothing else it's good to do to get used to the sensation of pressure in that area.

Didnt massage and only mostly grazed, I did get a tiny tear deeper inside that I got 1 stich in but that was all.

I had the intention to massage but couldnt reach so asked hubby to help to which his reply was "forget it shove your own thumb up your arse" so I didnt bother :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->