please be honest..im so laflupset

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by asibling4gi04, Jun 1, 2011.

1. asibling4gi04

asibling4gi04 NO LONGER PREG-NUMB

ladies my last period was on april13th but I ovulated very late..like almost may first..went for scan today amd empty sac no baby but the lab tech said im prob like 5 wks and this is norm..? they wouldnt test hcg instesd they want me back for second scan on the 15th..until than please help me cope?!

2. Jasiellover

Jasiellover Well-Known Member

No advice but I really hope everything is okay at the next scan :hugs: that would be torture having to wait. Big hugs!

3. Housewife83

Housewife83 Wife and Mum of 1 boy

I have heard of other women going through the same thing with their early scans.

If your technician didn't seem to think there was anything to worry about - I don't see why there would be.

I know that it is so much more easily said then done, but try to stay calm and move your focus to something else. No amount of stress of worrying on your part is going to make the situation any better.

Look after yourself and I hope for the very best for you.

4. Willo

Willo Mum of 3 :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Things can vary so much in early pregnancy especially when you ovulated later in cycle. I'm in Ireland and they don't do early scans here till 8wks. Even though I've had 2 mc's before I won't know what is going on in there till the 13th.

5. asibling4gi04

thank you ladies..cant type anymore than that through my tears

6. StranjeGirl

StranjeGirl First time mommy!

Dont stress yet. I went in at 5+4 and was sure of my dates, and had an empty sac, no yolk or anything. Went back at 6+3 and there was a little something but was only measuring around 5+4. Went back 2 days later due to bleeding and it measured 6+5. Also, if you have a tilted uterus, they can often times not see anything til much later, so make sure you ask this at your next scan. I know how you feel as I stressed so much and accepted the fact that I had a blighted ovum, but it was not the case. Try your best to stay positive until your scan and I hope you will see some nice growth next time!! :hugs:

7. Cuffy

Cuffy Mum to 1 Expecting Twins

That is too early too see a lot remember the early weeks growth is massive so the days and weeks make all the difference!!

8. Springtime

Springtime Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty normal to me. At my 5 weeks scan all they sw was a sac. Its too early to see much else.

9. Squishyplush1

Squishyplush1 Well-Known Member

oh no:( I have a scan tom and im 7 weeks supposedly.. im so nervous:( I hope everything works out!! i cant believe you have to wait till the 15th!!!:(

10. Hope85

Hope85 Well-Known Member

Hi, i went in yesterday for what i thought was my 8 week scan and my baby was only the size of 6 weeks with no heart beat. I am unsure what to think at the moment and my doc has taken blood test to see how they look. But everyone keeps telling me to keep positive, so you have to as well. Dont give up hope on our little cherubs to be....

11. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

:hugs: Try not to worry too much (definitely easier said than done).

I had an early scan done due to my irregular periods and the tech was expecting me to be 9 weeks along. Well, they didn't see much more than a black spot and told me it could be a blighted ovum. I had to wait two weeks for another ultrasound. Turns out, at the first ultrasound I was only 4w4d and at my second one I was 6w3d and got to see baby and a heartbeat.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hun. I hope that my story brought you some reassurance, too. :hugs:

12. jess181989

jess181989 Well-Known Member

I went to my first scan thinking I was 12+5- going on lmp and assumed ovulation dates. The sonographer scanned me and told me I was 6+5- there was a heartbeat visible (although only just at this early time). I was absolutely sure of my dates, but he just said it looked like a healthy 6+5 baby and to come back at the correct time for my 12 week scan.

I must have not ovulated on my first month or something which is the only thing I can think of- but I've had a private scan in between and baby was measuring exactly what it should be (going on songraphers gestation measurements) at 9+2.

I have my 12 week scan on the 16th of June, and I have no doubt that everything will be fine.

I hope everything goes ok for you, I was confused and upset at the beginning as to why I was so far behind what i thought I was, but everything is now absolutely fine- baby is growing away. :)

Good luck

xx

13. asibling4gi04

Ladies thank you for sharing your stories, for those who had an empty sac early on, did you also experience BARELY any pg symptoms??:shrug:

Squishy, good luck with your scan! Hope, I pray that all goes well for you..I really do not know what the future holds but I know what is meant to be will be and I cannot change that! See, I feel like I did in September when My Dad was laying in bed deceased. I cried than I was ok, I cried, than I was ok. I am a wreck.

You see ladies, my last AF was April 13 but I did not ovulate til the tail end of April, almost May 1st.. So would the late O effect gestational age?? The tech said its too early and a blighted ovum (empty sac) would be a lot larger in size?? She said on June 15th if there is still no baby, than they will do an HCG?? The thing is ladies, aside from sore bbs and sleepyness, I have no symptoms. I usually vomit all through pregnancy all day and night and in this one, nothing?!?!? That worries me too.. I am soooo sorry to be a downer. I do not know how you ladies who have suffered a loss, made it through..I had losses in the past but never an early one with no baby just a sac?? I am a mess. I will never make it to June 15th..I need answers! :cry:

14. asibling4gi04

Oh Aiden and Jess, thanks for sharing! It helps..Aiden when you were at 4wks, and you went for scan (thinking you were further), did you have any pg symptoms? I am not having too many!!??! :cry:

15. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

I didn't have too many symptoms at four weeks. I was really moody, but that's also because I'm bipolar so I'm more sensitive to the hormonal changes that cause mood shifts and I was off my medication. I also had nausea, but that was about it.

And having a different ovulation date than would be typical for you will effect the gestational age if I'm understanding correctly. Usually when they tell you how far along you are they assume that there was two weeks between your last period and when you ovulated. If that time frame is different then it will make all your dates (conception, due date, etc.) different and will affect how far along you are.

16. asibling4gi04

THANKS AIDENS MOMMA! Yes, I usually ovulate on time but in April my period was the 13th..Should have ovulated around the 26th or 27th..I did not even get my first positive opk until May 1st...SOOO..That means I prob ovulated on May 2 or 3rd and if thats the case I am only around 4 weeks gestation right???:shrug::hugs:thanks for your help!

17. JaydensMommy1

JaydensMommy1 Well-Known Member

Hi hun :) my ob told me expect symptoms around wk 7 that's when hormones will cause symptoms. Come week seven I was so nauseated. But with my son I only little sore bbs and absolutely nothing else.

18. asibling4gi04

ii am experiencing a sharp stabbing pain on,and off in lower front right..sigh does this happen with blighted ovum?

19. hwills41

hwills41 Well-Known Member

I had an "empty sac" at about 5 weeks. There was what they THOUGHT was a shadow of a yolk sac, but that was about it. Then I went in at around 6 weeks, and there was the little bean with a heart beating away! Goodluck. Don't stress. It's WAY early, so realize that.

20. asibling4gi04

HWILLS, Thank you..At the time of the 'empty sac" did you feel "not pregnant? I have had nothing but sore bbs and fatigue but my iron is low so....idk what to think!! I ovulated late in my cycle so the nurse called and said i would have only been 4 wks and 2 days gestation at the time of scan based on my o date..does this sound right??:shrug: