Please can someone give me some advice..

BabyGirl21

Reaction score
..We had our 20 weeks 1 day scan on Tues where the sonographer was quite rough with my stomach as she was trying to get our little one to move, and pushed quite hard, I'm not worried about our baby as I still feel him moving around now but ever since I woke up on Weds I have had the most excruciating pain in the lower right side of my back. It is constant pain, doesn't go away at all. I went to the doctors yday (bearing in mind my doctors are f*king useless!) and the doctor I seen said he thinks it could be a "muscle spasm"?? he told me take paracetamol, rest up for a few days and if I thought it was necessary then to take a few days off work - which I had done. I have been taking pain killers but all they do is numb the pain for a few hours and then it comes back again. I've tried lying down, relaxing, hot water bottles, baths, etc, and nothing is working. It hurts so much when I sit down, when I stand up, when I walk etc, and doesn't ease at all unless I take painkillers. I'm so worried it could be something more serious than a muscle spasm - should I phone an urgent midwife?? or kernow doctor?? or what? I don't know what to do but it hurts SOOO MUCH!!

xx

maybe have your doctor take a urine sample. sounds exactly like my urine infection i had and my doctor originally thought it was just down to baby growing putting strain on my back and wasn't going to do a urine sample until i asked him to! :dohh:

maybe give your midwife a ring if you get no joy from the dr, it could be ligament pain ive had that in my back/side area

maybe have your doctor take a urine sample. sounds exactly like my urine infection i had and my doctor originally thought it was just down to baby growing putting strain on my back and wasn't going to do a urine sample until i asked him to! :dohh:

That's what I thought at first but I've had a few water infections - and they have never felt like this. I got pain but it wasn't a constant one - or such a severe one either - so I'm pretty sure it isn't that.

It could be ligament pain - not sure as don't think I've had that - I just can't believe it hurts so much - I've read up on Sciatica and thinking it may be that..? I'm not sure and I know they probably can't do much even if I did speak to midwife or something - but I just don't know what to do - weather it's getting worse or if there was anything I could do etc..

xx

at least the midwife could put yor mind at rest even if she cant do anything

That's what I thought at first but I've had a few water infections - and they have never felt like this. I got pain but it wasn't a constant one - or such a severe one either - so I'm pretty sure it isn't that.

It could be ligament pain - not sure as don't think I've had that - I just can't believe it hurts so much - I've read up on Sciatica and thinking it may be that..? I'm not sure and I know they probably can't do much even if I did speak to midwife or something - but I just don't know what to do - weather it's getting worse or if there was anything I could do etc..

xx

maybe it is just ligaments then :shrug: all i know is i couldnt actually walk with my urine/kidney infection and i at first thought it was just muscles. could be a sciatic nerve, that's what my grandma thought mine was initially cos she developed one through her pregnancy. i described how i was feeling which is pretty similar to how you're describing it and she said it sounded like sciatica. ithink you just need to speak with your doctor again, bug him to do tests on your to find out what it is. back pain can be a killer no matter what the cause

You poor thing! The sonographer was a bit rough with me at our 20wk scan too and you sound exactly like I was but I think my pain eased after a couple of days. If it doesn't go away I'd get someone to check you over.

Thank you for all you're replies. The pain has got so much worse, been resting and taking painkillers for the last sort of 3/4 days now and it just isn't getting any better...like I said worst to be honest..:( So have booked an urgent appt with the hospital for today, so hoping they can do something. The woman on the phone said that it could be the baby lying in a funny position so that its painful for me spesh if the sonographer prodded around too much. Just hope she hasn't hurt him or anything. Grr :( Feel rubbish today. Am supposed to be back at work tomorrow, but I guess its going to depend on what happens today. :(
xx

Thank you for all you're replies. The pain has got so much worse, been resting and taking painkillers for the last sort of 3/4 days now and it just isn't getting any better...like I said worst to be honest..:( So have booked an urgent appt with the hospital for today, so hoping they can do something. The woman on the phone said that it could be the baby lying in a funny position so that its painful for me spesh if the sonographer prodded around too much. Just hope she hasn't hurt him or anything. Grr :( Feel rubbish today. Am supposed to be back at work tomorrow, but I guess its going to depend on what happens today. :(
xx

im sure he isnt hurt remember hes got all the cushioning to protect him
good luck for today :hugs:

I'm sure baby is fine but it's a good idea for you to get checked out if you're in that much pain, hope the hospital can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->