Please can someone help?

emzilouu

Mummy and Pregnant!
Reaction score
I really need some advice, im at my wits end! We took my sons cotbed side off on Monday night and hes been doing absolutely fantastic! going down so so well, not got up once in the night apart from a nightmare one night and loosing his dummy another but he stayed in his bed just sat up crying. he has been getting up early, 4am today, 5am yesterday and 6am morning before but im guessing in time he will just get use to it and sleep longer. BUT his naps have totally gone out the window! he usually has a nap at 11 until about 12:30 but since Monday he hasn't had one he bluntly refuses to sleep and just gets out of bed and messes around no matter how tired he is. Today im nearly pulling my hair out hes been fighting his nap since 11 he was so tired I thought he might of given in and slept I even gave him a bottle to see if he could settle down but it didn't work. its got to the point where hes headbutting the door and hitting me, he keeps laying on the floor with his head on a cushion and covering himself up with his blanket but then jumps up after 2 minutes. iv tried to get him to sleep cuddling up on the sofa with me and the duvet over us that didn't work, I tried laying him down on the sofa on his own snuggled in blanket with his favourite piano music on and tv on but muted so he might settle but nope nothing. hes getting evil! he has just ran upto me and smacked me in my belly full belt! and the baby is laid in a funny position and it was agonising :cry: My husband is at work so cant even get him to take him to chill out for a bit. hes also taken the car to work or I would of stuck him in there and he would of fallen asleep almost immediately! I really really don't know what to do! how do I get him to nap? :cry: :cry:

Would he nap in the pram? Mine used to nap just by the living room door in the pram

Would he nap in the pram? Mine used to nap just by the living room door in the pram

Was going to say the same thing, put him in the pushchair and go for a quick walk then if he falls asleep leave him in there. Or even just put him in the pushchair then wander off to go to the loo and see if he drifts? :happydance:

or what I did with Earl when we took his bed sides off and he didn't want a nap, was I would basically do bedtime routine with him... so change nappy, read a story, into bed. Blackout blind up at the window and say goodnight. I would then just keep going back to bed with him with no reaction. All toys out of his room too....it's for sleeping, not playing at the moment, until he learns otherwise.

I was going to say the same as Aimee-Lou

I would of taken him for a walk but the weather was disgusting there was no way I was taking him out. my husband got home and he went down for a nap straight away for him!

Maybe it will just pass and its a phase. My son is two and doesnt nap every day. I wish he would but he just doesnt, it started around your babies age. Even the baby went from two to three long naps to now maybe one to two 20 minute naps! Its tiring for sure but if its causing that much trouble and driving you batty I would just wait it out. Try your best to snuggle with him, maybe in his room or bed with him and see if that helps. Sometimes if my toddler refuses I just let him play till he falls asleep on his own or make him have an early bed time so I can relax and take a break.

I have a nearly two and a half year old who also doesn't go for naps everyday but she sleeps all night every night so I don't mind really,. As Others have said maybe it is a faze xxx hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->