Please can someone slap some sense into me!

gothique

Reaction score
I really can't seem to stop my obsession to POAS too soon. Despite me thinking that i was ovulationg on the 7th of December, it could have been the 9-10th of December. This morning i tried a Clearblue digital which surprise-surprise came up negative. I have no self control and at this rate its going to cost me a fortune.
The thing is- i know its too early to get a good result and i still can't stop.
The prospect of spending months like this is very depressing.:nope:

HI hun, i think we all have some sort of addiction to POAS. I have 15 pregnancy tests at home just waiting to be used. I get mine frm the internet. Acccess diagnostics is a gret site to buy Ovulation and pregnancy tests from. you can get 25 of them for about £10 which is less than what you pay for 2 in the shops and they work just the same if not better as you get more sensetive tests.
xx

I will have to try that site! Not sure it will curb my addiction though.

It wil make it less costly hun. That way you can test when ever you like and not worry about it burning a whole in youir pocket. I always start testing 3 days before AF is due. I know its always going to be BFN but i just cant help testing. Im even scared to test but i still do it and break my heart ever time.
xx

Thanks, i guess i won't be able to stop myself but making it cheaper might help. I also can't seem to take no as an answer (like perhaps plenty of others on here). When it inevitably comes up negative, i spend ages scrutinising the test looking for a line. This is often hours after the test was taken!
I hope it happens soon and i hope you get your BFP soon Laura6914.

Oh mate. We are all POAS addicts. Thats what IC's are good for :D (Internet cheapies) not only are they very cheap but they are far, far more sensitive than the CB digital. You can test really early with those ones.

Just go to ebay and type in 'Pregnancy tests' and you can get 10 tests for 99p.

Thanks, i guess i won't be able to stop myself but making it cheaper might help. I also can't seem to take no as an answer (like perhaps plenty of others on here). When it inevitably comes up negative, i spend ages scrutinising the test looking for a line. This is often hours after the test was taken!
I hope it happens soon and i hope you get your BFP soon Laura6914.

thank hun i really hope you get yours soon to. When is :af: not due? lol

xx

When I first started 2 months ago I said to myself I wouldnt be a POAS addict but I can alreay see a pattern emerging!! I have POAS too early both months and got BFN.

I want it so bad,it's hard not to let it rule your life.

Although internet cheapies maybe the way to go. My OH doesnt know I have even POAS once yet.Eeek!

SLAP...

I agree though, rather than dont do it just use cheapies to satisfy the need to poas!!

:hugs:

xx

Will try to curb my need to POAS til tomorrow at least if AF not come by then.

It is soooooo hard not doing it today!

Last month my addiction to POAS went full blown. I tested early and often. I used the ic's, FRER and ept. I thought for sure I was pregnant. The best thing to do is use the ic's because at least you won't spend too much money testing.

Baby dust to everyone!

Delamere19, thans for replying. Hope your OH doesn't find out your secret testing too soon! Any news? Has the witch stayed away?

Laura6914, my AF is due on christmas eve (i think). Difficult to tell as i had ovulation pains for about 3 days and they disappeared on the 10th, so i am using the 10th now (optimistically) as the 'O' date! When is your wicked witch due?

Baby think pink, thanks for the slap! I needed that!!

Nadira037, Thank you for clearing up the mystery of what an IC is!! I felt too silly to ask!

:dust: to all!

Hi Gothique. Well my AF id due between the 2nd-4th January. I hope you get your christams BF that would be fantastic. I had OV pains friday and yesterday but im going with my Friday that i ovulated so its closer to testing he he he!

xxx

HI hun, i think we all have some sort of addiction to POAS. I have 15 pregnancy tests at home just waiting to be used. I get mine frm the internet. Acccess diagnostics is a gret site to buy Ovulation and pregnancy tests from. you can get 25 of them for about £10 which is less than what you pay for 2 in the shops and they work just the same if not better as you get more sensetive tests.
xx

have you every got positive opks? i never so when i was having tests with the docs i was using the ovulation sticks and still nothing but i was ovulation with the docs i dont think they work my self

xx

have you every got positive opks? i never so when i was having tests with the docs i was using the ovulation sticks and still nothing but i was ovulation with the docs i dont think they work my self

Hi hun, yeah i do get positive OPK's. when it gets closer to testing i tend to test twice a day as its soooo easy to miss the surge. This month i got my +OPK at 2pm and by 4pm when i tested agian it was totally negative. Not eve a faint line. So if i hadnt have tested at 2pm i would still be testing and not thinking that i ovulated. It takes time but you get used to it and how to read them.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"