Please Delete

Doctor sounds terrible, is there another one you can request? There's one at my surgery I refuse to see because I think he studied at the medical school of Google!

If your symptoms are that bad and your doc is giving you no other option, I would go to the ER, dehydration in pregnancy can be serious. You need a medical professional that's going to listen to you sweet.

Probably time to skip over the doc and visit the hospital. Even a dose of iv fluids will help you feel better. Hope you can find something that works!

Yep I'd say go to a&e.

Hope you feel better soon

Glad to hear that! Unfortunately I go through the same run around with doctors every single pregnancy. I suffer from HG the severe form of morning sickness and getting them to prescribe stuff that actually helps is like asking for a kidney. I understand that doctors are reluctant to give medicines because of the risk of birth defects but dehydration is far worse than popping a couple tablets if it means that I'll be able to nourish my growing baby without worrying about tossing my cookies after every meal. Thankfully the ER was able to help you feel better.

Lilmiss, I think it's sad the culture that has doctors not prescribing safe meds to woman. I was shocked to read that in the US, the #1 antinausea med for pregnant woman was pulled off the shelves for almost 30 years just because people were scared of birth defects, which was totally unfounded but drove up the cost so high the manufacturer pulled out of the market. Leaving woman to struggle. In Canada, thankfully, we've never pulled it off the market and it's been safely used here for decades. Doctors here prescribe it really quickly if you throw up 6 times a day. No kidney required. I hope other countries take note of the safety shown here and are more willing to help woman out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->