Please DO NOT Post BFP Announcements In This Section

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Hi girls :flower:

Trying to conceive can be a frustrating journey for various reasons and so we ask you to please use the forum sections correctly and consider all of the members.

In this case whist members are always happy for their forum friends certain circustances & lower days can be hard when faced with BFPs without the choice to see them.

Please post your definate BFP announcents HERE & of course freely use your own personal TTC journals (that was already created) to post any pictures and announcements of your BFP.

We understand that their are many threads of doubt, uncertainty and discussions on evap lines which are perfectly fine to post ...though please be aware if posting a picture of a pregnancy test/results that are causing uncertainty we do have a pregnancy tests gallery.

Wobbles x

:D

Ignoring the guidelines within different sections after you have read them may result in your account being made inactive or an infraction/warning being issued to your account.

I am wondering.... is it ok to have threads that are tracking BFPs and testing dates? I know that there are a few of those where the ladies talk and support each other all month up until the BFP or AF arrives....the threads arent usually titled anything about bfp but sometimes they add in the title something like "12 bfps!", and when a BFP comes then can we say it on the thread or is that what this rule is going against? ...Maybe if they are in TWW they are ok?

i dont know about the actual title of the thread but you are allowed to post your update within those testing threads. xkx

I am wondering.... is it ok to have threads that are tracking BFPs and testing dates? I know that there are a few of those where the ladies talk and support each other all month up until the BFP or AF arrives....the threads arent usually titled anything about bfp but sometimes they add in the title something like "12 bfps!", and when a BFP comes then can we say it on the thread or is that what this rule is going against? ...Maybe if they are in TWW they are ok?

i dont know about the actual title of the thread but you are allowed to post your update within those testing threads. xkx

These type of threads should really by in the 2WW forum. The rule for 2WW is: No new BFP threads (announcement threads), but if you are involved in a testing thread, then you can let others know in that thread if you get your BFP :)

I'll put a sticky in the 2WW forum to clarify that.

:)

mines in the ttc thread its december testers :( soz ladies didnt relise. xx

mines in the ttc thread its december testers :( soz ladies didnt relise. xx

i dont think your thread should be a problem, as there are others such as Soy: Nature's clomid, and CBFM, where we all talk about our experiences, what worked for us and what didnt, so i think you are alowed to say within those long existing threads that it worked for you and you got your BFP...:wacko: Right/Wrong??

Im sorry - Ive edited one of my posts as I posted in the wrong bit :(

Please delete/move as needed Ive posted in the right bit now, sorry xxxx

Could this please be extended/monitored in all the TTC, WWT, etc sections of the forum?

Could this please be extended/monitored in all the TTC, WWT, etc sections of the forum?

The only place where we allow it to be mentioned is in existing 2WW threads. This rule is in effect in the rest of the TTC area (apart from the BFP Anouncements).

Monitoring is done mainly by those that use the forum. You can report the post by pressing the https://s1.bbstatic.com/images/bnb/buttons/report-post.gif icon, and we'll check it out :)
If it is buried in a thread then we will make a judgement call; but definitely no announcement threads.

The only place where we allow it to be mentioned is in existing 2WW threads. This rule is in effect in the rest of the TTC area (apart from the BFP Accouncements).

Monitoring is done mainly by those that use the forum. You can report the post by pressing the https://s1.bbstatic.com/images/bnb/buttons/report-post.gif icon, and we'll check it out :)
If it is buried in a thread then we will make a judgement call; but definitely no announcement threads.

Thanks.

Hate to sound daft but i am new to this site!! lol

What are the terms that are used??
Ie: TTC= trying to concieve etc etc etc

Hate to sound daft but i am new to this site!! lol

What are the terms that are used??
Ie: TTC= trying to concieve etc etc etc

Here ya go hun :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

But if all these ladies are becoming friends and are ALL TCC, I don't see the harm in sharing in others joy with their BFP.

I am new here and the stipulations of this rule is super confusing! You can't announce your BFP in the 2ww forum unless you were already involved in one or if you're updating a previous thread? Do I have this right? I just don't want to violate any rules or offend anyone unintentionally.

I do think its kind of a bummer that you can't share you're good news with your 2ww buddies just bc some people can't take you're good news. Kind of takes away from the fellowship of it all. :nope: But rules are rules so can someone clarify these terms? Thanks in advance!

Hannah, you can post your BFP in a thread you're already part of, but you can't start a new thread in the 2ww or TTC forums specifically for the purpose of announcing you have got your BFP. A thread like this should ONLY be posted in the announcements forum. Does that make sense?

But if all these ladies are becoming friends and are ALL TCC, I don't see the harm in sharing in others joy with their BFP.

This is why there is an announcements forum, so people can announce their BFP, but those that don't want to look can just avoid going in there. You ARE allowed to say you have your BFP if you're a member of a thread of people who have been supporting each other throughout the 2ww, but only in that thread. Any threads started specifically to announce a BFP need to go in the Announcements forum only

Hannah, you can post your BFP in a thread you're already part of, but you can't start a new thread in the 2ww or TTC forums specifically for the purpose of announcing you have got your BFP. A thread like this should ONLY be posted in the announcements forum. Does that make sense?

Oooooh, gotcha! That makes a lot of sense and I get why they're making it this way. Thanks for clarifying!

ALL girls are happy when they see someone sharing there news.
However ALL of us have bad days ~ af just came, feeling like never happen and just upset says :(
So last thing girls want to see as they enter trying concieve section is a bfp announcment thread staring at them... if there part of a group then they choose to enter that group to see if 'friends' have good news or pop into announcment area!.

i think the rule is for our sanity lol xx

I will follow the rule, however I don't agree with it. Seeing the BFP announcements gives long term TTC couples hope. Especially if you are familiar with a particular persons infertile situation and they do conceive.

I will follow the rule, however I don't agree with it. Seeing the BFP announcements gives long term TTC couples hope. Especially if you are familiar with a particular persons infertile situation and they do conceive.

The point is that some days you don't feel hope, sometimes other people's BFP's make you feel sad, jealous and then hate yourself for feeling that way. That's why there's a separate place to put them, so you CAN avoid seeing them if you are feeling down but can still take part in the TTC threads. There is nothing worse than seeing half a page full of "I finally got my BFP after 2 months!!!" types threads when you have been trying for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->