Please don't test too early :(

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a party pooper but girls please stop testing so early, the test kits are designed to be used once your period is late (although some can be used a couple of days before you're due to come on), because of the way they are designed it means that you can very easily get false negatives or false positives if you test too early. This just leads to confusion or heartache, please please please don't do it!
I know it's tempting but in the long run, really not a good idea.
I don't mean to preach, but its upsetting every time I read posts re chemical pregnancies, confusion, heart ache etc when there's no need for you to go through this xx

I agree, though easier said than done:/ Just can't refrain sometimes, though I agree, the disappointment is always heartbreaking

Also works the other way though if you get a false negative it leads to unneeded heartache when you are actually pregnant!
It's a waste of time and emotion

This is the whole reason y I HATE hpt's, in my opinion they should never had been made lol

If we didn't have them then u would never no that u had a chemical pregnancy nor would u have to guess with the lines. Gone r the days off popping of to the docs cause u think ur pregnant.

I never ever test unless I am late.

I would rather know. As doctors won't investigate until you've had 3 losses, if your having chemicals every month then something is wrong, and if u don't know it's wrong u can't fix it!

I totally agree. Although I admit to being a POAS after 7 months of trying to conceive DD in 2010 (after a miscarriage).
I have vowed not to test until at least one day before this time around but if I really get the urge and the symptoms this time around, I will let myself test early. Yes, that's still early but I see some people on here saying that they test at 7dpo and 8dpo. I would rather not know I had had a chemical pregnancy and get my AF as normal than test early and then start getting BFN. Or even worse go to the docs and they confirm it once I have got my hopes up.

I agree it is SOOOOOO difficult, but the hormone levels arent there till at least 10dpo - hence the note on the preg test for use as early as 4 days before. I checked back on my fertility friend chart and the month i conceived my daughter I tested on 10dpo (within preg test guidlines of 4 days) and even then it was really light and I then tested a few days later.

I would rather know. As doctors won't investigate until you've had 3 losses, if your having chemicals every month then something is wrong, and if u don't know it's wrong u can't fix it!

I agree with this.
I also see the heartache dilemma with testing early, but if you do have a problem with chemicals it can help to have knowledge about it.

Personally I haven't had a hint of a line in 8 cycles and I usually test on CD8 - if I have bfn on CD10 I consider myself out (and I stop testing) because they usually show up pos on CD9 if you are indeed preggers...

I agree with this.
I also see the heartache dilemma with testing early, but if you do have a problem with chemicals it can help to have knowledge about it.

Personally I haven't had a hint of a line in 8 cycles and I usually test on CD8 - if I have bfn on CD10 I consider myself out (and I stop testing) because they usually show up pos on CD9 if you are indeed preggers...

A girl I work with was ttc 18 months when she went for help, the next cycle she did a test on and had a chemical! Turns out she had progesterone issues. For all we know that could've been happening every month- had she have known she would've been put on progesterone supps ages ago.

I feel the same. The two times I have been pregnant were the only two times I have ever used a pregnancy test as I've always vowed to test once I'm 2 days late. Both times I got a VERY positive test with no chance of confusion.

I can understand why people feel the need to though.

I think to each their own. YOu have to be prepared to see a negative, and know, that you are not out until AF comes. You are also better knowing if you are having chemical pregnancies to convey that to your doctor for treatment, if necessary. With that being said I start testing at 8 DPO, I had my positive at 9 DPO last time.

Sorry am I being thick?? Isn't cd10 just the week after your period? How would a positive show up that early when people only normally ovulate cd12-15 or am I going seriously wrong somewhere???

Maybe just a thought .. We test early due to having irregular periods and r not sure if we r late or when to actually expect our period???

Yeah but the week after last period??

I think she means 10dpo

Sorry am I being thick?? Isn't cd10 just the week after your period? How would a positive show up that early when people only normally ovulate cd12-15 or am I going seriously wrong somewhere???

Yes people can ovulate way earlier then that, some have much shorter cycles, mine is 26 days I usually ovulate around CD 10 give or take a day. So no, not everyone is a cookie cutter model of a cycle.

As others have noted they also have irregular cycles and have no idea where they are in their cycle.

Also I paid 8 dollars for 50 tests that they use in the doctor office, very sensitive and very cheap! It allows me the freedom to POAS if I want to! :haha:

Is it not just easier and cheaper to wait for at least a month after your last period though? Sorry if I'm being stupid.......

I won't let myself test until AF is late. One month AF was 4 days late and I FELT pregnant. We were talking about telling my mum etc and I was going to wait until af was a week late, but obviously she came after four days. I do wonder if i was actually pg and had a chemical but because I didn't test I will never know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->