• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Please Give Me Some Advice! Could I be pregnant/did I cause the spotting?!?

A8MM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

Ok, Ill start with what's been happening to me lately.. if anyone could maybe tell me what might be going on, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Had period the early/middle part of March (unsure of exact dates)

-April
-Period 4/11-4/15 with light spotting 4/16-4/18
-Light spotting again 4/25-4/27

-May
-clear stretchy discharge 5/6
-unprotected sex on 5/7
-unprotected sex on 5/11

I have been having bloating, mild cramping, dull lower back pain, breast tenderness, headaches, fatigue, nausea, increased acne and oily face, nipple enlargement, metallic taste in mouth, getting hot easily, constipation, gas/burping, ect. since around 5/9.

Normal PMS symptoms are very unusual for me, AF just comes and goes pretty easily. Either way, I assumed AF would be showing up, but that didn't happen. If I am supposed to use my period on 4/11 to determine when it's due again, I am a little more than 2 weeks late now.

Yesterday, I lifted some things that were pretty heavy then I was on my feet, walking, bending, and carrying things at work for around 9 hours. The cramping, back pain, and headache increased. At 11pm, I used the restroom and realized I was spotting (brown). I went home and went to sleep because the pain was constant.

Today, I am still spotting... It has ranged from brown to what looks to be a brown/dark red mixture, and is visible only when I wipe - none on pad. All of my symptoms have gone back to what they were a couple days ago - they haven't gone away, but not intense like they were last night.

Could I be pregnant?? What does this bleeding mean?

If the spotting I had at the end of April was a weird second period that month, then I guess now I would be about 3 or 4 days early - not late like I thought before...

What does the bleeding mean, and is it normal? Could I have caused it? Or does it sound like I'm just having my period?

Also, I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago, which was negative... but depending which date I am supposed to be using, I assume I could have tested too early?

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated, I am so confused.... and scared I may have caused a problem last night by lifting or being on my feet for too long..

Thank you!

If you are two weeks late then you should be getting a bfp if you are infact pregnant. But its not unheard of to have negative tests and still be pregnant. You should make an ob appt to make sure things are ok.

If your unhappy see your gp ans get bloods and talk about it.
I didnt get positive between 8-12w so forgot about it. I found out i wad preg at 19w.

Dont sit around wondering, only cause you stress. good luck

Thank you for the replies!...

UPDATE:

I ended up calling off work last night and just rested all night. The brown blood has turned into bright red, but its mucusy and slimy, only when I wipe. There hasn't been any blood mixed in with my urine when I pee, just on the toilet paper when I wipe.

Also, I've been having weird cramping, which is the main reason I called off work. It only happens when I am up moving around. When I lay flat, the cramping goes away..

When I go to the bathroom, (it started late last night) I saw quite a few very tiny blood clots at the bottom of the toilet. I made dinner, that I couldn't eat because I'm nauseous... Then the cramping got worse. I went to the bathroom and passed 2 quarter sized clots - still NO blood in urine. The more I lay down, now less I cramp and the less clots I see...

This is still happening today...clots have all been about nickel-quarter sized...approximately one or two every time I pee.

I still feel nauseous and I am getting dizzy spells on and off. I feel like I have heartburn, but it makes me internally hot throughout my body, at times...

I'm starting to freak out. Does this sound like something more serious than just implantation bleeding, or could I still be ok?

I am still considering this may only be an early period, BUT I NEVER get cramping or weird feelings like this. I'm 26 and have no children. I had mild cramping many years ago (in high school), but they were only before my period started.. Never throughout the time I was bleeding. I've had occasional clotting over the years, but nothing abnormal - Nothing like this... And definitely nothing that has made me even think about calling off work, let alone call off work and lay on the couch all night.

I have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday, but what do I do until then?

Is there something wrong with me? Does it sound like an early miscarriage now, more so than implantation? How do I know if/when I need to go to the ER?

Please, someone, give me any advice..good or bad.

I would go to the E.R to be honest. Better safe than sorry I say.

Thank you, everyone, for the replies and advice!

JUST WANTED TO UPDATE:

This morning, I took another test because symptoms have not changed over the last week or so... It was BFP!

Thanks again for the replies!.. I will now be busy reading posts on here like a crazy lady :)

Congratulations. H&H 9 months xx

Since you had a BFP and all the bleeding, I would go to the doc. They can help you figure out what is going on. :)

First off congrats!
I agree with pp that I would get checked ASAP. Implantation bleeding is usually light with no clots.
I would go to epu for an early scan.

First off congrats!
I agree with pp that I would get checked ASAP. Implantation bleeding is usually light with no clots.
I would go to epu for an early scan.

Congratulations !!
I agree though go get yourself checked out ASAP I didn't have implantation bleeding but I've never heard of clots being part of it ?

Hope all is well :)

Emma

Another Update:

I did end up going to the doctor yesterday.. They looked at the picture I took of the one yesterday morning and said it definitely was positive, but with their urine test it came back negative :(

The one I took yesterday morning was First Response... After hearing theirs was negative,I bought more tests.. I took a Clear Blue test last night and an EPT this morning...both negative.

What's going on? Is it possible that something did happen when I had the bleeding and now I'm pregnant again, just too early for anything to pick it up other than the First Response? Or could it be possible I just have low hcg levels? I've been having these symptoms since May 9th... They did try to do the blood test yesterday, but could not get a vein. This has never happened in my life. Maybe I'm just not supposed to know what's going on. Feeling super discouraged at the moment...

I would say its more likely that it was a chemical. If you were pg you would still be getting positives.
I know its very hard. I've been there. Keep the chin up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"