Please help - 10,000 HCG but no definitive gestational sack

hlwarren01

Reaction score
Ladies - Need some help.

Being monitored for possible ectopic. No idea how far along I am as don't know when I ovulated.

Had HCG levels taken last Wednesday which were 418, had them taken again on the Friday and they were 808. went back today for a scan and they could see what looked like the start of a gestational sack but with nothing visible inside. Because of this they couldn't confirm it was a gestational sack. They took my bloods again today and in a week they have gone up to 10,000 - I have to go back on Sunday for another draw.

Is this normal to have such a high reading but for nothing to still be 100% visible?

Everyone I've delt with so far have all been so negative. I'm literally loosing my mind no knowing whats going on. :(

I had a scan last Saturday. My bloods were in the 4400, there was a sac that measured 4+4and I was 5+2. Nothing was in the sac yet which is very normal. I have a repeat scan on Wednesday to see if everything is developing properly. There’s such a huge range of hcg readings that it’s not much indication of how far you are. Some people have very low readings and could be more further along. Try not to stress. Are they scheduling for another ultrasound?

From my understanding (through having an ectopic pregnancy and then a subsequent healthy pregnancy) they are probably just being overly cautious. Apparently just seeing a sac in the uterus does not rule out ectopic, they need to have a good look at the tubes to make sure it wasn't a twin pregnancy with one in the tube and one in the uterus. My fallopian ectopic was diagnosed st 5+2 with hcg of 3300. They could clearly see a doughnut shaped mass in my tube.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Try to remain positive. I'm just going through an ectopic now and my hcg level did rise very quickly and then drop. But I also had pain on my side and spotting. Are you bleeding at all? Did they check your progesterone? Sending positive vibes your way x

This post read like it could have been me two years ago, I even made a post about it myself going out of my mind with worry, was having bloods done every 48hrs and they were more than doubling each time, went for a scan at around 4000 HCG and they saw nothing not even a sac. The nurse sat me down and said with levels so high we would hope to see at least a sac by now, but there is a ‘shaddowy’ Area which could be the start of a sac.

Fast forward the most nerve racking 3 days of my life, went back to the scan where we saw sac, fetal pole and yolk. My numbers were at 10,800 by then. I don’t understand why they contradict so much, on one part they say everyone’s levels of HCG are different some are super high others are lower it’s the doubling that counts, then in the next breath they say with X amount of HCG we should be seeing a sac etc by now.

I know it’s hard but wait a week and go for another scan, my LG from that pregnancy is 14 months old now and all was well, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->