Please help..advice needed ASAP!!!!

giggly_gurl88

Reaction score
Ok so for some reason my son, who will be a month old on Tuesday, will NOT sleep unless someone is holding him and if we can manage to get him to sleep without being held then it is only for like 30 mins to an hour TOPS but an hour is pushing it. We have tried putting him in his swing, bassinet, moses basket... he just wont do it...he screams his head off as soon as he realizes we are not holding him anymore and he shuts right up as soon as he is picked back up again. This is resulting in me getting like no sleep at night and no naps or cleaning done during the day... I REALLY need advice to get this stopped now while he is still little... PLEASE LADIES!!

Swaddling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing lol my little one loves cuddles too but settles when wrapped up xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hugs hun. For hand-free time maybe try a sling so keeping him close while not having to hold him.

Do you swaddle? Maybe swaddle and cuddle him until arms are limp and then try?

Other things I tried - putting a comforter down my top and putting it next to babs (obv so she couldn't suffocate) when I put her down, putting a warmish hot water bottle in her crib before putting her down so it wasn't cold, having her sleepsuit tucked into my bra before putting it on her and co-sleeping.

He's still little hun, he's probably just wanting mummy cuddles. I miss the cuddles now!

Deffo try swaddling. My girls always sleep better when they aren't flinging their arms and legs around. Helps them feel secure :)

Swaddling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its amazing lol my little one loves cuddles too but settles when wrapped up xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for replying. We have been swaddling him and it doesnt make a difference :nope:

Try to keep him more cozy... May be put a warm blanket over him.. He might be missing womb coziness which he gets while u hold him...

He's a baby and this behaviour is normal. A baby's instincts tell them they are in danger if they are alone. If you make sure he feels secure and safe it will get better as he gets older.

In the meantime, you might find cosleeping helps, but it's best not to swaddle and cosleep.

I agree with the ladies above, might also try some white noise or a sleep sheep. Also could it maybe be reflux and being held helps?

Have you tried a bouncy seat? It could be reflux and he needs to be in a more upright position. Not all little babies like swings, some find the motion distressing.

Try the 5's! This technique really does work. You can look it up on line. Basically its swaddles, shshshshsiong or white noise (VERY LOUD white noise heped us), sucking (bf,paci,finger)... Ummm, i can't remember the rest but all you have to do is google 5's. Actually there is an article on the right side on bnb something about putting babies to sleep. Good luck!! And like the other posters said this is normal behaviour. Hope one of the 5's help you. Oh i know one other its swing.. Because of the constant movement in the womb you can either bounce, swing, etc....

My LO used to throw up a lot... Tried bouncer and it helped... She used to sleep in there even through the night... Helped when she was stuffy and also when she has reflux

Sometimes having the top I've worn during the day near him helps Vincent sleep in his cot. Obviously it needs to be placed so he can't suffocate on it but I think being able to smell me helps.

My eldest was the same and I got through it by using a sling during the day and co-sleeping at night :thumbup:

I also used to put a hat on her as well as swaddling - for some reason she slept better when her head was covered :shrug:

Our LO is exactly the same. Her moses basket is our most expensively useless item to date ;p she doesn't like her car seat either, it's 50/50 whether she'll go in her pram without making a scene and her bouncer has barely seen the light of day. I assume she just doesn't feel safe unless she's with somebody. Swaddling made no difference, neither did ssshing or white noise. She's either BF to sleep or bounced in her dad's arms and we sleep in shifts cos she won't even let us co-sleep properly! Like, she isn't happy being next to us in the bed, she HAS to be held. So she sleeps cuddled up with one of us and the other stays awake to make sure she's okay cos I don't feel confident enough for us to both be asleep. People think we're nuts but I would never let her get upset over it, so it's the only thing we've found that works. X

Hugs lady i know its hard cos you think it'll always be this way and never change but i honestly believe that the more you hold a baby when they want you to the more confident they become to be left down for longer periods. Like pp have said the transition out of the womb is so scary for them. They just need time x

I have to agree with swaddling... Colinwas the same way for afew nights and I thought he hated to be swaddled cause hd grunted and squirmed alot when we did. Then one night I thought I'm going to try again. So we swaddle then hold Gil in his swaddle for a bit z oaf him and goes to sleep fast. Even last night I put him in s swaddle into the bassinet awake with a pacifier.... Grunted and groaned then silence he passed out!
Give it a go again!! Good luck

Oh and I wanted to add the only way Colin will sleep a 4-5 HR stretch at night is by swaddling other wise he is up frequently

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"