Please Help! Bfp then spotting!?!

3athena3

Reaction score
Any help or advice please. I'm really confused and worried.

11dpo clear Bfp smu with frer
12dpo faint Bfp fmu with frer
13dpo pre af type cramping and brown spotting (unusual because I don't normally spot) assumed it was the start of a chemical
14dpo am pink spotting then red spotting twice (normally af would start this day)
15dpo no spotting until afternoon then brown again..confused so I took my last frer after only 1 1/2 hr hold in the pm and got a dark bfp
Cramping on and off all week
Spotting is only when I wipe, nothing on a pad or liner

Looking for opinions and or stories... Do you think this is a chemical taking days? Has anyone had this happen and had a successful pregnancy? Any ideas? I'm freaking out a bit and don't want to tell DH yet because he'd be crushed to see the positive and then lose the baby.

I personally haven't had spotting with a pregnancy but I've heard that it is fairly common to have light spotting in early pregnancy especially when your period would normally be due. I did have a chemical though but I only had light BFPs then negatives and consistent pink spotting 1 day then heavy red bleeding day 2 and 3. Wishing you the best! Don't worry too much just yet

I'll cross my fingers and call my ob/gyn tomorrow. I had implantation spotting with ds but none after bfp. No spotting at all with dd. This is new so it makes me nervous.

H&H 9 months to you!

I've had spotting in every pregnancy. Try not to worry... Spotting is actually a common pregnancy symptom.

Couldn't help myself so tested with cb digi on 3hr hold and got pregnant 1-2. Hoping this bean sticks!

Got betas done today. By my calculations I would be 4wks and the level was 104. Nurse told me it's in the normal range but will know more after they check it again on Wednesday. I looked it up and this is the low end of normal. Also still having brown spotting. Ugh, just wish I knew what was going to happen. Thanks for reading this. I don't want to talk to my family yet and get anyone's hopes up. Grateful to have a place to share and vent.

Good luck!! I read stories all the time about this and it all turns out ok! I hope it all works out for you!

hi hun, i had red spotting early on- i thought i was out of luck and cried pretty much every day for a week, but i kept testing and line kept getting darker, then 6 weeks hit and i had morning sickness like crazy, now i'm almost 30 weeks with a baby boy :) spotting is not all bad, my midwife told me if its your 2nd pregnanacy sometimes the uterus stretches a bit more and more blood is released therefore sometimes spotting is more common. good luck with results on wednesday xx

Hoping all will turn out well. I hadn't heard about it being more likely in second pregnancies. That makes me a little more hopeful. This is my third and the first two were born via c-section. The Dr said it was safe to try for a third but I wonder if the previous c-sections could be the cause of the spotting?

Hoping all will turn out well. I hadn't heard about it being more likely in second pregnancies. That makes me a little more hopeful. This is my third and the first two were born via c-section. The Dr said it was safe to try for a third but I wonder if the previous c-sections could be the cause of the spotting?

not sure, my first wasnt a c section maybe ask your doctor next time your there

I had cramping and spotting for 8 days (first BFP on day 4 of spotting) and then it disappeared. It can be totally normal!

Had my second hsg test today. It was 104 on Monday and 196 today (Wednesday). My regular ob is still out so the nurse ran it by another Dr at the office. They say it might be ok but since it didn't quite double I'll have another test Friday. Boo, limbo and waiting is no fun. Anyone know how early they would be able to see anything on u/s ? Also any other successes with slow rising hsg ?

104 to 196 isn't too bad at all. I think 48 hours or less is ideal, but from what I understand, anything over 60% in 48 hours is considered fine. Usually t/v ultrasound will pick up the gestational sac after 5+0, fetal pole toward the end of that week, and then the heartbeat usually shows up between 6+0 and 7+0

With my first pregnancy (which ended in miscarriage, but that was very likely due to a medication issue, not a problem with the baby) I had an hcg of 16 at 12 dpo and then an hcg of 22 an entire 4 days later! Nurse told me I was miscarrying, but RE said not to worry because it went up, not down. Three days later it had gone from 22 to 121! It rose at least 60% every 2 days after that. Baby measured totally fine at 6+4 ultrasound and heartbeat looked great. I also had spotting the entire pregnancy, and though it was worrying, it didn't cause any issues.

(I lost the baby in the tenth week when they pulled me off my progesterone early. Don't ask...)

I'm also having spotting this pregnancy and I'm a right mess about it, again. 8 days of spotting so far and it's driving me crazy. The only consolation I have is that every pregnancy I've had that had spotting, I made it to a heartbeat (one m/c, other ectopic), the ones with no bleeding at all were chemicals. I think it's just some weird thing with my cervix reacting to the hcg...

I had my first beta on Monday. Going back in tomorrow to see if it is doubling correctly. FX'd.

Good luck at your next beta! :hugs:

Hi Athena and Hunybuny just wondering how you're getting on? I've had light spotting from 10dpo up to today (17dpo). I had a couple of BFP's last week, so excited, but still concerned about the spotting. Have a check up at the doctor's tomorrow, and hoping they can reassure me! This would be our first. Really hope everything is ok for you too x

Things are good here. I'm still spotting every day, but doctor says it is fine. They did a couple ultrasounds and there is no pooling of blood or anything. Gestational sac is measuring perfectly, growing at the right rate between the two ultrasounds, and betas are increasing correctly. My hCG was 466, then three days later 2136, then three days later 4575. So doubling exactly how it should. I go into the perinatologist on Monday next week for my heartbeat scan. I'm excited! :happydance:

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I hope it goes great!

Thanks Bunyhuny. Glad things are going well for you. They couldn't do much for me at the docs, other than give advice. We're moving to a different part of the country in a couple of weeks, so I have to sit tight until then and register at my new docs when I move, so I can't book any scans/tests yet unfortunately.

However, spotting seems (hopefully!) to have eased off a little bit. They told me to come back in if it gets worse.

All the best for your scan next week - very exciting! x

Thanks. :) I had my final beta today and it was perfect. DH and I are so happy. I haven't had any major spotting in a couple days just some brownish tinted cm here and there, so maybe it's stopping now. Who knows. I spotted for pretty much two weeks straight, so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back. I went is for early scans and they said there is no blood around the gestational sac, so that's good. :)

If you want to get your hCG tested sans doctor, you can always go through requestatest.com and book your own tests. DH and I travel a lot, so I've used them several times. I think a beta quant is $39.

Ah that's great news :). Thanks for the link. I'm in England, so the healthcare system's a bit different here. Hopefully our move will go through very soon though and I can sorted at the doctors. Very excited! x

:dohh: Sorry. I've totally got a major case of pregnancy brain right now. Good luck with the move!

I recently had a chemical pregnancy. My frers never had the chance to get really dark and I did not spot. The day of the mc it all came at once like a very heavy period. I didn't have any other warning other than a temp drop.

It sounds to me like your betas are great and you should be just fine. Like everyone has said spotting is common in early pregnancy. The uterus is very engorged to help support your lovely little bean :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->