Please help! BFP x 2 this AM!! Questions!!!

KLeigh

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
DH and I have been TTC since Aug 16 (dtd every second day) and I got a BFP with first pee this morning and another a few hours later. I spotted for a few days before and I usually do a few days before my period. My period should be due sept.6 in only a few days. I don't track my ovulation by temps, just tried this month and I figured if I didn't get pregnant this month I would start temping next month.
I just used a generic doctors office test.
I had some symptoms about a week ago with food aversion, sore breasts and cramping. The spotting scares me although I know it probably was implantation bleeding.
I am terrified of a chemical.
I've got some cramps now, little down low there now and a bit of nausea but I think it's from the shock. I thought when I was spotting my period was coming.

I think I'm going to run to the drugstore to get some first response and a clear blue. I can't get to my doctor anytime soon. I know I'm not in the clear until the day my period is missed from what I read on some threads about chemical pregnancies.

Is this too early for a BFP? I don't know what to think. I've spent hours reading threads but I can't pinpoint my ovulation so I don't knowww.

Thoughts?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
Congrats Kleigh !
By the pic of you test I can see obviously your pregnant!
So happy for you! If I were you just buy 1 test as I am sure it will positive again.. What are you gonna do with 1 unused test LOL.

Stay strong and stay positive!

Congrats Kleigh !
By the pic of you test I can see obviously your pregnant!
So happy for you! If I were you just buy 1 test as I am sure it will positive again.. What are you gonna do with 1 unused test LOL.

Stay strong and stay positive!

Thank you! I've got so many emotions going through me. The most prevalent are happiness and terror! Haha. On account of a chemical. I just want to stay pregnant. The next 10 weeks are going to be tough!

I did a clear blue and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks. Also did a first response with a strong positive.

This is my first so I'm a bit crazy right now. Waiting for my husband to come home so I can tell him.

I still have dull cramping and some red spotting. Normal?

Cramping is fine but I am not sure with red spotting . I haven't had this but I do know some ladies do ! Fingers crossed it's going to be all good.

Congrats ! Enjoy

Congratulations!

Cramping is perfectly normal but there isn't much you can do apart from try and relax and wait things out, I'm sure everything will be just fine, try and keep calm and relaxed, I know that's easier said than done.

Congratulations again! :)

Congrats! Cramping is normal and I have heard of many women who had spotting and went on to have successful pregnancies and births. Good luck!!!

Congrats hun, cramping definitely normal I also had one day of spotting at 8dpo then again at 6 weeks. All turned out to be fine, try to stay away fom reading the negative things they just drive you crazy and paranoid about everything. Good luck hun, happy and healthy!

Thanks everyone!
I am trying to not google everything but I simply cannot help it.
But I am trying to help it! Argh!
An update...

I have had a dull ache in my abdomen, around the bottom of my tummy for days now, accompanied by a migraine for a day. I drink tons of water and I think it might be going away.
Anyway, I spotted again today but only for another an hour. Only when I wiped. It was bright red. I thought about going to the ER but decided to wait until tomorrow.
I know people say go seek medical attention when you're spotting and cramping but the pain down there is very dull, and I notice it only sometimes. And the spotting just happened for a little while. No clots or anything.

If I had implantation bleeding a 4 days ago, what's this new spotting?
Should I be worried?

These tests were taken two days apart. The darker lined one was from today. My period would have been due tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 19
First off congrats as no matter what happens you are definitely pregnant right now! Try to stay calm even though I know how hard that is. The cramping (as long as it's not severe pain) is totally normal. The day I got my bfp I woke up with cramps feeling just like AF was coming but decided to test for the heck of it and was shocked by the results. I continued to have AF-like cramps for several weeks. The uterus begins growing and expanding to accommodate a baby and this causes cramping! I don't want to scare you as many women have spotting and things end up being completely fine, but the bright red blood is a bit more concerning. I would definitely call my Dr. and see what they recommend.

I don't think you need to go to the ER, at this juncture they wouldn't be able to do anything but draw your blood. Which will obviously show you are pregnant. Then that number won't even mean anything until they draw you again, two days later at your doctors office. An u/s won't show anything but uterine lining thickening which they will say is indicative of pregnancy. They will diagnose you with a "threatened miscarriage/abortion" which they HAVE to do as a diagnosis code for all early pregnancies that come in with a positive pregnancy scan and bleeding). You'll get instructions on when to come back with signs including, difficulty breathing, filling up 2 or more pads in an hour, pain, etc....

There, I just saved you a trip to the ER and some money.

My point? Going to the doctor this early is just going to make you more nervous because your questions weren't necessarily answered and it'll most likely leave you with more. I think, you have the right idea with buying the frer tests, at least you can monitor the hcg levels going up. Usually, you can spot a chemical in the lightening of the tests (though the manufacturer and medical providers say it's not a good method). I took a test for 3/4 days straight then one 5 days later. My lines gots darker within hours of eachother but if they don't, dont be alarmed. They double every 24-48 hours initially until they hit a certain threshold, (usually 1500-3000+) and then doubling time decreases to every 72-96 hours.

Again, this is just an average. The testing will hold you off until you can see your doctor and do some blood work.

It'll be a nerve wracking couple of days, but it'll be alright.

Bleeding in early pregnancy, especially around the date of your missed period is normal.

P.s sorry I'm a registered nurse in PEDS/OB GYN....patient education is my thang. Lol

I don't think you need to go to the ER, at this juncture they wouldn't be able to do anything but draw your blood. Which will obviously show you are pregnant. Then that number won't even mean anything until they draw you again, two days later at your doctors office. An u/s won't show anything but uterine lining thickening which they will say is indicative of pregnancy. They will diagnose you with a "threatened miscarriage/abortion" which they HAVE to do as a diagnosis code for all early pregnancies that come in with a positive pregnancy scan and bleeding). You'll get instructions on when to come back with signs including, difficulty breathing, filling up 2 or more pads in an hour, pain, etc....

My point? Going to the doctor this early is just going to make you more nervous because your questions weren't necessarily answered and it'll most likely leave you with more. I think, you have the right idea with buying the frer tests, at least you can monitor the hcg levels going up. Usually, you can spot a chemical in the lightening of the tests (though the manufacturer and medical providers say it's not a good method). I took a test for 3/4 days straight then one 5 days later. My lines gots darker within hours of eachother but if they don't, dont be alarmed. They double every 24-48 hours initially until they hit a certain threshold, (usually 1500-3000+) and then doubling time decreases to every 72-96 hours.

Again, this is just an average. The testing will hold you off until you can see your doctor and do some blood work.

Bleeding in early pregnancy, especially around the date of your missed period is normal.

P.s sorry I'm a registered nurse in PEDS/OB GYN....patient education is my thang. Lol

I wish I had you when I went to the er last time...that's EXACTLY what they did with me lol.

Kleigh try to stay calm love. Mayb my story can help? Or scare u ha. I had fast bfp last pregnancy and I had really really bad period pains and I ended up taking my self off to the hospital coz I just wanted to know was I losing it. They said I was measuring approx 8 weeks but that wasn't possible and then they scanned me an I was just 5 weeks preg and a faint heartbeat. They sed my cervix was open a little so it was possible but I had a child previously so this could have been normal. They asked me back nearly 2 weeks later to see how things wer progressing (or not). I continued spottin, bright red aswell. I was terrified! Cramps still there and I was feeling quite I'll.

2 weeks later they scanned me again an everything was super fine. Only thing diff was that ther was 2 in ther!! Biggest shock ever! I thought I was losing it. I am quite small an skinny and the cramping and spotting was just the extra pressure from 2 beans in ther. I continued to spot for a few months but it wasn't anythin much and not every day. Cramping carried on thought out.

I really hope ur ok! Of course ur still goin to worry and stress but try not to love. Good luck for Monday xxxxxx

I wish I read this before I went this morning!!!!
I would have saved me so much grief. This is my first pregnancy and I'm an anxious person as it is. So, naturally, I'm a crazy person now!

I had my hcg levels drawn and they were 124 which the doctor said was really low but my LMP was exactly 4 weeks ago. It seemed fine to me. Anyway, now I'm worried and I shouldn't be.

Your advice really helped, though. I so appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->