please help, breast refusal

vaileasmama

Reaction score
am losing my mind!!!
lo has decided that during the day she will not have left boob at all.
i can still kinda convince her to take right boob.. sometimes.
during the night and early morning she's too sleep/confused and will take either.
its driving me CRAZY! oh doesnt understand how horrible it is to be rejected by your own baby... am pretty heartbroken :cry:
this has been going on since tuesday, and getting progressively worse.
on tuesday i had my hair done - cut and colour, do u think it could have been the chemical smell that put her off?
also, my bf advisor told me on tuesday to use an authorative tone when lo bites me with her gums - have i scared her off?
my mum thought maybe its my period coming back... i dont know what to do!!!
has anyone been through this before and ocme out the other side?
if my lo would take a bottle i prob would give her one out of desperation - but she refuses those as well (always has, thats nothing new)
any advice or experience would be very much appreciated

Hi Hun

Your LO is too young to consciously reject you so please don't worry. I don't really know what to advise but could it be possible maybe she has an ear infection or a sore mouth? Xx

thanks for replying!
i dont know about the ear infection, i've never had one - would it be weeping?
i tried to have a look in her mouth but she is so stubborn and wouldnt let me look - i looked online and they said try walking and feeding at the same time - she took my right boob kinda ok with this, although its not a long term solution and she still wouldnt have lefty.
think i'll book into my clinic tomorrow - we both cry now when feeding :(

My LO did this a couple days ago -- he completely rejected my left boob! Little stinker. He happily accepted it the following day though, but he seems to prefer the right boob more. I think it might be that the flow is a lot faster. :shrug:

This happened to me, where there were some days she would only feed from one side and not the other... How long has is been? Shell probably go back on her own. Good idea to keep offering that one first, and then other side without making it a big deal.

Are you sore? Could be the milk tastes different or salty if there is some infection?

If she has ear infection doctor will need to look at it for diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->