Please help...confused/scared?

KZD

Reaction score
Hello all,

So day before yesterday, I started spotting (brown discharge) in the evening. So I called up my doc who asked me to come in for a blood test and u/s.

I went in yesterday, had a vaginal U/s and had my blood drawn. Had a meeting with doctor, who told me so far, everything looks great. The HcG and progestorones are above normal and my blood group is also not 'rare' so that's a good sign. She told me to take it easy overall.

I come home, take a nap, and when I go to the bathroom, I spotted red blood upon wiping so I started panickkkkkkkkkkkking!!! spoke to nurse, who said it might be due to the vaginal u/s that I had earlier. She asked me to rest and observe (if it fills up a pad or accompnies cramps, then we have a problem) Fortunetely, it was only that one time - so I'm trying not to panick.

ANYWAYSSS, so today, I'm back to dark brown discharge agian :( I have another blood test scheduled for tomm..but I dont know what to do or how to feel meanwhile!!! Is this normal...It's freakkking me out and I dont know what to do :cry::hissy:

Hello honey - sorry you're having a scary time.

There are squillions of us on here who have asked this question, so yup - fairly normal. Its just so scary when its happening isn't it.
I've also googled a gazillion (prone to exaggeration... me...?) websites -all of which say that this can be normal and continue all the way through pregnancies. I think the general rule is if its brown - probably ok - if red then worth getting checked out.

Of course there are always the odd one or two who have infections or further problems so its certainly worth seeing your doctor if you are worried. But in answer to your question - is this normal - from what I've read and researched, yep it certainly can be.

D
xx

I had brown and it was all fine

Fingers crossed for you hun xx

I had brown spotting and even blood in my first tri....they generally get concerned when its accompanied by severe pain or fills a pad... then again some ppl fill a pad and still go on to have a healthy baby.

Hey hun. I've had two emergancy internal examinations due to brown blood and clotting. Each time after those examinations I've had a bit of red blood then it goes brown again x

Hey, I'm not sure how far you are, but I had varying shades (sorry tmi) of brown between weeks 5.5 till 7 weeks pregnant. I was told it could be the uterus clearing out old blood from previous cycles (which made sense to me when they said it!) and also i had an internal at about 5 weeks (ish) where nurse checked for ectopic, and she was NOT gentle! I think alot of the spotting could have been this.

So in answer to your question, it does seem to be very normal to get this type of bleeding in first trimester. It doesn't make it any less scary though! If you're a pessimist like me, it only makes you think the worst. But try not to worry, I'm sure you will be fine - however as Buffy71 said, anything you are worried about, don't hesitate to get it checked out... a calm and stress-free mother means a happy baby! :) :) :hugs:

I had brown and red at about 5.5w.
6w and 8w scans went really well. HCG was good, and 8w scan showed the heartbeat and really really clear picture of everything.
It's horrible, but seems very normal after speaking to the women here.

Good luck hon, try not to be too hard on yourself xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->