Please help, cramping and no movement...

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
Ok to give some background info, I am 16weeks 4 days and this is my 5th pregnancy but only 3rd baby.

First of all I'm 99.9% sure I've felt this baby move within the last week but only a handful of times, I have 2 questions about that, 1st if I've felt him move, shouldn't I be feeling him a lot more now?
Secondly, shouldn't I be feeling him more period? It's my 3rd and I figured I'd be feeling him a lot by now.

Ok part two, yesterday I flew from Maryland to Idaho, it's altogether around 5and a half hours of flying plus about 4plus hours in the airport, but we had also been up since 3:15 am and didn't go to bed until 10 am, today I'm having some cramping...should I be worried?

Thanks so much for your input!

Popping in from third tri. I didn't feel this baby until 17 weeks, and even then her movements were few and far in between. I remember feeling her a couple times around 16 weeks, but then nothing. I wouldn't worry too much about movement at this point. Your baby still has so much room to wriggle around, he might just be in a position where you're not feeling his movement. :)

I remember cramping a bit around that time frame too, so it might just be normal, but if the cramps are painful and not letting up I would at least give your Doctor a call and see what they say. :hugs:

Because you aren't yet feeling regular movements, I would try not to worry about not feeling bubs move (easier said than done, I know). 16 weeks is still very very early to feel regular movements anyway, and it's pretty amazing that you have felt him at all yet :)
I still get cramping every now and again and I'm 29 weeks. It's just a joy of pregnancy I think :haha:

Make sure you drink lots of water, and if you are still worried, take a visit to the dr just to be safe.
Good luck xx

I echo the others about the movement. I started feeling this one at 16+3 and it was sporadic. I didn't start feeling him more regularly until about 19-20 weeks. Even now he still has done quiet days.

As for the cramping, could you be dehydrated? With that much flying and sitting around the airport, maybe you've not been getting enough fluids. I'd call you're doctor if your really worried, but it can also be normal as well.

I only felt my boys flutters at around 15 weeks and then it wasnt until about 22 weeks when i started to feel his kicks. Im 24 weeks now and today has been one of his quiet days. Its not until the third tri when baby will have a set pattern of movements. Until then they are usually sporatic. So i wouldnt worry too much. Even in consecutive pregnancies each baby develops each stage at the same rough time. Its only that you can feel movements sooner as you recognise what they feel like. But this baby, like your others, will take some time to stick to a set pattern.

Thanks so very much for all your replies! They each really helped me!

This is my third and i didn't feel regular movements till well over 20 weeks. Hope all is well

Personally I wouldnt worry.
Movement - you arnt feeling regular movement so I wouldnt worry too much, if you are worried tho maybe ring your midwife and she what shes says x
Cramping - you had a busy day. I always cramp at the end of a busy day its how I know iv pushed myself a little too far. But again, if your worried its always best to ring your midwife xx

I have felt movement with my twins since 13 1/2 weeks. Even now at 21+4 it is still irregular movement. Although I feel it much more often. Cramping I would just increase water intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->