Please help ease my mind..

kjean

Pregnant
Reaction score
I was just wondering, I took notice, !TMI ALERT! That while on my period when I wipe I notice A LOT of egg white type cervical mucus. I googled it to try and see if I could get some clarity and it said that it's just shedding old mucus. Any opinions or personal experiences? I got so nervous and thought.. hmm maybe i'm fertile during my period and OMG I don't even have any OPK strips till sometime this week when they come in, but then thought... UHMMMM no. I dont think so. Anyone? Please, help ease my mind :/

I have had that before, but I think it's just shedding the lining. Are you regular in your cycles? If so, you probably wouldn't be fertile during your period.

kjean, I've had that happen to me several times before. It only happens like on the first or second day of period. I never wondered about if it meant fertility, but I doubt it. How can you already be ovulating when you are on your period? My gyno told me that if your periods are normal and regular, you're most likely ovulating regularly too, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm sure it's what you have read hun... just old mucus being shedded. Sometimes our AF are just different. Nothing to worry about.

I would track your cycle with OPKs starting at about CD 10 (depending on your overall cycle length), even just to ease your mind that you are fertile in the appropriate "window".

Best of luck hun!

Thank you so much girls! It really has eased my mind. I've gotten so upset the past two days because I thought for sure it was my month and then AF showed up so I guess it's that shocked feeling that always gets me super down and wonder how am I ever going to have the strength to do this all over next month. But I was searching and thinking, I am going to do the Clear Blue Digital OPK and Pre Seed, and just pray and relax. If it's meant to be, it will. I'm hoping I get my little Valentine this month :)

-I did note that the mucus only does show about the first day or so or only when it's at its heaviest so I do believe now that is it just from shedding. You know how that is tho, every little detail you worry about, ya know?

Thank you again girls, much love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"