Please Help - Expectant London Mothers Wanted! - University College London

DFridPsych

Reaction score
Hello,

I am studying developmental Psychology at UCL and the Anna Freud Centre in Hampstead, London. My MSc includes the search for a mother which is expecting between september and december 2010. This is a part of our observation module which comprises to observe a mother and child for 1 hour per week, for a period of 6-9 months.
This opportunity would provide me with invaluable experience to learn more about child development, and acquaint them first hand with the growth and changes that occur in a baby.
I would be forever thankful if you could help me and perhaps distribute my attached poster. If you know somebody, please do not hesitate to give them my email address or call the following number at the Anna Freud Centre directly (020/77942313 - with the reference: Daniel Friderichs).

many many thanks

Daniel Friderichs
London
p.s. please take a look at my attached poster

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 25
Can I ask, would this involve travelling to the college once a week? Thanks

Are you looking for women specifically in London or anywhere in the UK?

I could help you, but you would have to travel to Guernsey!

Are you looking for women specifically in London or anywhere in the UK?

It would make it a great deal easier for me to just travel in London, yes only greater London I would say.

I could help you, but you would have to travel to Guernsey!

hi, that is a really nice offer but I cannot travel so far :) its so hard to find somebody but there are so many pregnant women out there :-(

There is a specific section on the forum for press and research. You may get a better response if you post there?

There is a specific section on the forum for press and research. You may get a better response if you post there?

thank you, I just posted it and have to wait now for approval from the admin.

Dear Everybody,

Please do not hesitate emailing or messaging me or just posting a question, I am more than happy to discuss details.

This is a important part of my MSc and it is more than difficult finding a mother that is interested in this kind of altruistic help.

This research is able to equip me with first hand knowledge which I need for my future career as child and adolescents psychologist. During the 1h visits per week we can talk about developmental processes and share what I have learned in my course and so on.
I hope there is a willing mother out there that is interested in developmental processes.

many thanks

Daniel

it has been a struggle finding anybody and I actually havent found anybody yet. I would appreciate any help.

kind regards

Infant Observations within the family

Thank you for your enquiry about the Infant observation scheme. This is just to give you more in-depth details about the scheme. Here at The Anna Freud Centre we run an MSc in Developmental Psychology in conjunction with University College London.

As part of the programme, we require our students to undertake a weekly hour-long observation of a baby at home, in addition to observing a toddler in a group or a young child in a nursery in interaction with their peers. This is to acquaint the student with the capacities, growth and changes that occur between birth and four years of age. In the infant observation they will be paying specific attention to developing relationships within the family, which we consider to be basic to all future development. The approach is observational and non-judgemental.

These visits to your home will enable the student to integrate his/her studies and reading with the reality of first hand observations. The first visit would take place before the birth if possible, and continue on a weekly basis until late June 2011. The visits will be arranged between you and the student directly at a time that is mutually convenient. It is hoped you will feel free to continue your daily routine without undue interruption from the observer. We understand that occasionally you might have to change the appointment and hope it can be rearranged without too much difficulty.

Parents who agree to accept a student for this assignment may be reassured that our students are carefully chosen and vetted (all have police checks), and the observations are supervised by a professional and treated in the strictest confidence in small observation groups of 4-6 other students, all of whom are aware of the requirements of confidentiality. As this process is a learning experience for the student, the observational material can neither be discussed with the parent or made available in any form.

We hope that you are willing to participate in the Infant observation scheme as your support in this project would help our students witness child development at first hand.

If you’ve got any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Nicky Eggers
MSc Course Administrator
[email protected]

P.S. If you know of any other mothers who would be willing to participate in the scheme please let us know!

hi there,

I was still not able to find a mother. I would be more than greatful if any of you could help me in any way possible.

many thanks

daniel

Really sorry you've not found anyone to help yet - it sounds really interesting, but I'm far too far away I'm afraid. All the best though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->