PLEASE help! Fertility issues? Does anyone know?

It really does depend on when you would have got ur ovary would have released the egg, after your first positive u can ovulate between 12 - 36 hours after.
im by no means an expert in this so i may be wrong but if you got a positive with fmu then ur actual surge would have been the day before therefore i would say u either ovulated today or will ovulate tomorrow so bding yesterday will help lots.

Try doing the opks twice a day at about the same times. Maybe one around noon and another at 7pm. Remember, don't do them in the morning...the results won't be accurate (despite what the directions say on some brands....outdated info!)

Why shouldn't you do them in the morning?

I've just started using clear blue advanced OPK and the instructions said to do first thing in the morning and got my first smiley face today. :)

X

U shud do them in a morning because ur lh starts to surge first thing in a morning and won't show in ur urine until late morning to early afternoon xx

Here is a copy and paste from Fertility Friend:

"First morning urine is usually not the best for OPKs since your LH surge usually begins in early morning when you are still sleeping and may not be apparent in your first morning urine. If you test in the early morning, you may miss your surge entirely since LH levels may already be reduced by the next morning. Late morning or early afternoon is usually best."

Try doing the opks twice a day at about the same times. Maybe one around noon and another at 7pm. Remember, don't do them in the morning...the results won't be accurate (despite what the directions say on some brands....outdated info!)

X

U shud do them in a morning because ur lh starts to surge first thing in a morning and won't show in ur urine until late morning to early afternoon xx

Here is a copy and paste from Fertility Friend:

"First morning urine is usually not the best for OPKs since your LH surge usually begins in early morning when you are still sleeping and may not be apparent in your first morning urine. If you test in the early morning, you may miss your surge entirely since LH levels may already be reduced by the next morning. Late morning or early afternoon is usually best."

My boyfriend and I just BD every day anyway, that's a sure way to never miss a surge, right? This whole TTC things had gotten me so confused and stressed out. Yesterday and today I used my second morning urine (about an hour- hour and a half after the first), and both were glaring positives. When I test later in the day they are negative. However, I tend to drink a lot of fluids throughout the day. This morning I noticed some very very faint spotting. I was wearing red underwear, so that didn't help but when I peed there were a couple spots of light pink in the toilet paper. I stuck some up my vag to make sure that's where it was coming from.

I hate the idea of having PCOS. I'm not someone who can afford tons of doctor's visits and tests and treatments. I also don't want my boyfriend to think something is wrong with me (he doesn't seem to understand how pregnancy works-- he's already going around saying that I'm pregnant just because he "shot the silver bullet", as he puts it. In his world, sperm enters female= pregnant. Timing doesn't mean a thing to him). He had a child before that was killed in a car accident and so he's always been reluctant to have another child. I'm afraid that if I can't get pregnant naturally he will take it as a sign it's not meant to be.

I've talked to my sister who took women's health in college and my other sister who is one year away from being a nurse. They both said that they were required to survey women for their studies and MANY women have said that they didn't get a regular period until after they had their first child. All of this is so mind boggling to me. How do so many girls and women get "accidentally" pregnant? And how are there SO many women who try for months or years?? What's the difference??

Since this is my first month TTC, I will try to just take it easy and enjoy the BD'ing. Reading about how SO many women have fertility issues makes me want to cry, though.

:nope:

Also, I am confused abut the FMU thing-- I've read that you aren't supposed to use it because of false negatives, but also false positives (because it's more concentrated).

???

It is confusing but try not to dwell on the science of it. A lot of ppl find that when they are caught up in the science they get bogged down by it then they decide to relax and end up pregnant.

I'm sorry about ur ohs child, it must be very difficult for him to accept that. For men the whole baby thing is easier because they just go with it, they don't understand that there is a very small window each month but I think its better that way, sort of takes the romance out of it if its like that for both ppl.

Relax and just have fun for a few months. Nothing is going to be the same for two women so we can say all of the right things on here but they may not be accurate for u so if u really want to no about hoe it all works for u all u need to do is observe ur body for a few months and pick up ur ovulating symptoms and ur af symptoms ul soon get to no ur body xx

I didn't read all answers so sorry if I'm repeating but one sign of pcos is always having LH show up on opks, fluctuating "almost positive" lines that don't always get to positive is a major sign of pcos! I was a healthy weight until I was about 25 then I gained 50 pounds. The excess body hair etc was never an issue for me thank god! And only when I stopped the pill did I start getting pimples but I no longer get them anymore.
Also with your opks do then between 11am and 8pm (the best time is 2pm) and NEVER with first morning urine! Or you'll get false positives.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"