Please Help - Hormone Levels, OPKS, Hopeless?

jenny9276

Mother of 3 TTC #4
Reaction score
I am 38 years old, never had any fertility issues until now. My 2nd Husband and I are trying to conceive a child together.

When my levels were tested on an unknown CD in May, this is what they came back as:

FSH: 90
LH: 61 (FYI, normal range for ovulation surge)
Prolactin: 9.7

I was getting faint (but there) positive HPTs, which is what took me in to the OB to begin with. They said those were due to the rising hormone levels. Menopause. POF.

I know FSH can fluctuate. Both my OB and Endo (I have Graves Disease/hyperthyroid) never requested more testing, never tested on a certain CD. Both said menopause/POF.

Ok. So if those are my levels, would it not stand to reason that with an LH level that high in the surge range I would consistently get positive OPKs?

I went two to three months with no period. Again, not too unusual due to my Graves, but now - holy crap it's menopause. Then, in August, my period came. Normally. Not heavy, not light - just, well, perfect. Then, in September (the 25th to be exact), my period came. Same as before. So out of curiosity the other day, on CD23, I took an OPK AND an HPT (since I kept getting positives due to my hormone levels blah blah blah). The OPK was dark, but not positive. The HPT was stark white negative. Curiosity got the best of me again, and on CD25, I took an OPK. Line was there, and was lighter - enough that my husband saw the difference. And....curious again, I took an OPK and an HPT on CD26 (today). OPK - line there, but it is very faint, definitely negative, and HPT stark white negative. I know everyone is trying to get pregnant, and I am too - but I can't help but cheer at the negative HPT because for me at least it kinda says my levels may be lowering? And with a lightening OPK, maybe my LH level ISN'T so high? I have posted pics and would LOVE to hear your thoughts. PLEASE.

We have an appt with an RE on the 13th. I'm praying it's the Graves messing with my hormones and we can conceive. I'm almost praying that my levels were because of a chemical pregnancy - and that's why I had a positive HPT then wacky levels. I'm praying that it was the 3 months of Vitex I took (that DID regulate my periods - I had 3 in a row) that screwed me up and I'm not really menopausal.

On the bright side, if I am, I skipped all the hot flashes and misery that come with menopause. :/

Attachments

• CD23 OPK.jpg
    CD23 OPK.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CD25 OPK.jpg
    CD25 OPK.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CD26 OPK.jpg
    CD26 OPK.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online