Please help me choose the lesser of two evils.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by JFS, Apr 4, 2011.

1. JFS

JFS Well-Known Member

My pelvis has been so sore lately. After several days off my feet, it is feeling better but my mood has deteriorated frighteningly. Exercise is really the only way I manage to maintain my mental state. So do I exercise and deal with the horrible pain in my pelvis or protect my pelvis and allow myself to drop into a depression?
    For the record, all the exercises I’ve been doing have been specifically for pregnant women.

2. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

Oh dear, that is quite a dilemma! Does it have to be exercise to the point of pain for you to feel better? I can understand exercise being helpful but physical pain may end up resulting in depression too and then you will suffer both?
    I really wish I had something useful to say. Are there any exercises that don't hurt? Swimming maybe? That isn't weight bearing so may help?

3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse Well-Known Member

That's a tough choice... Have you tried doing something like an aquanatal class or gentle swimming? I've got a very sore pelvis and really can't exercise or walk etc but the midwife has recommended I do aquanatal, which I'm starting tomorrow! You might not find it very challenging if you're used to exercising a lot but it might help to still be able to do some form of activity?

4. Purple_poppy

Purple_poppy Well-Known Member

My suggestion is something I did myself when faced with the exact problem.

I bought a recumbent, stationary bike. Solved! :)

5. JFS

JFS Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies so much! I don't know why I never thought of swimming. That is a great idea. And I'll definitely be looking into a recumbent bike. I actually feel better already just knowing there are options.

6. Lilli

Lilli Well-Known Member

Swimming really helps, but do straight leg kicks, breast stroke legs not allowed!!! Got to keep your legs together as much as possible.
    :hugs:

7. babybambi2011

babybambi2011 mummy to 2 amazing girls

thats a really tough one. i suffer from depression, but i came off my tablets a few months before i got pregnant. i have a trapped nerve which makes my mobility pretty much agonising in everything i do. i cant work because of it so basically me day is sat watching the tv and doing house things that i can do sat down doing. i went swimming 2 weeks ago and it was great, i got to have a swim around and a bit of excersice, and it wasnt too much of a pain issue (until i got out the pool and felt how much i actually weigh again lol)
    i dont know what else to sugguest other than swimming for your excersice and pain.
    hope i helped :flower: