Please help me ! how far along am I?

punkymom

Reaction score
Hi all, :flower:

I am heartbroken. :cry:

I just went in for my first ultrasound and they didn't see anything at all. I was told it is probably eptopic or I will miscarry soon.
This is based on the fact that I am 6 weeks along.

Can you please tell me how far along I would be?
LMP july 1
Trigger Date july 18
probably ovulated around july 21

Does that mean I am 6 weeks or less?
Some sites are saying I am only 5 + 3 days

Should I be able to see something by now or should I just give up like the doctor said. :nope:

Hello Ma'am my LMP was also 1 July and I will be 6 weeks tomorrow.
I would say:
#1 you need a different doc cuz he sounds like an asshole.
#2 I'd wait a bit longer because it's hard to really know how far long you are even when people say they KNOW what day they ovulated...they could still be wrong. then theres the range of implantation...:shrug:
#3 Do not give up. You are not out until you get a BFN in my opinon. :hugs:

Here for you girl, I'm in a similar "wait and see" situation. :coffee:they suck.

your doctor is an idiot and i'd change them ASAP!!! if you had a trigger you can't really date your pregnancy by LMP, as that assumes that you ovulate around CD14, and have a 14 days luteal phase, you know a textbook thing that doesn't actually exist in real life!!

if you ovulated around 21.07. then yes you're more around 5w3d and even if you were 6 weeks... the baby is SO SO SO tiny by then that it can easily be missed at the ultrasound and even a day later makes a huge difference. get yourself a different and more competitive doctor!

you are absolutely NOT out and he couldn't just sign u off with an ectopic or a mc like that. have they checked your HCG levels at all???

Thank you!
Yes, I did get my HCG levels checked and should hear back any time. :wacko:

I really think I would be more around 5 weeks right?

I feel so hopeless. She kept saying it was bad and she told me not to be optimistic. My heart hurst so much! :cry:

I am so on team you need a different Dr. What kind of stupid "doctor" tells you that it's bad and don't be optimistic when she doesn't know how far you are or what could be an issue? :dohh: I want to punch her for you:growlmad:
Let us know what your HCG results are. If you had a trigger you really could be anywhere, but definitely not more than 6 weeks which I don't think you are. at 5+3 they could only just barely see a yolk sack on my u/s. so if you were even a day less than that it would be so easy to miss. :hugs:
tell that dr to stick it where the sun don't shine. it is way to damn early for her to be saying anything like that. you should get one of those clearblue digis that tells you how far you are. it might help with the guesswork!

I just got my results.
Do you think I might be okay?

BETA august 1- 42
august 4 - 87
august 6 - 256
august 12 - 1023

I used this calculator:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php

I calculated based on the last two numbers. 72 hours, so within the range of normal for doubling times. On the higher end of normal, but things could potentially be fine.

I had written a far longer addition to my post on the one in 2nd tri, following up on what Feronia had said... I hit post and got the 'thread closed' notif. :rofl: So retyping.

If you search BNB, there are many threads where women with slow-rising HCG have a successful pregnancy. As Feronia had said, don't give up hope yet. :) With that being said, yes, in an ectopic pregnancy, your levels would be slow-rising and/or low.

I would continue to push your doctor into another scan to check on things in a week. That's just me, personally, having been through loss and scares and the unknown. Also, the spotting could be (frustratingly enough) a result of many things. Many women get spotting in first tri for various reasons. If they did a trans-vag ultrasound, that could have irritated your cervix and be causing it. Brown spotting, at least, is a better sign than red.

Hopefully your levels will begin to catch up and things will be fine. But I would pressure them into being a little more proactive, since things seem so "on the fence" with them right now. So sorry, I wish I could shed more light, but am thinking of you and hopefully they'll be able to give you clearer answers soon!

swanxxsong thank you!

if I am only 5 weeks would my levels be low?

Don't I repeat DONT obsess of the HCG numbers. They are going up. I agree about asking for a scan but the realms of HCG numbers are very broad and different for every woman and pregnancy. If they are going up you are doing okay. Mine currently dropped by almost 5000 in the last 3 days so I will most likely lose this little one:cry:

I am so sorry StillPraying! I will be praying for you too!

Is 5 weeks too early to see anything?

5 weeks 5 days i get your doctor needs sacking

your levels look really nice and normal for 5 weeks!! don't stress and really change the doc!! if it stresses you so much, invest into a private scan!

and also, you are not having any miscarriage symptoms, like bleeding or cramping so i don't understand how they could freak you out like this with their idiotic comments.

I'm proof that you shouldn't obsess over numbers.
Went to my us this morning dreading it. The doc herself told me that because my numbers dropped she wasn't expecting to see anything, and I told her I was already prepared for mc. when she turned on the machine I looked away cuz I didn't want to see an empty womb. but then she says "Well! it looks like you have a little miracle baby in here!" and I burst into tears. She is baffled by the drop in numbers and said that i'm not out of the water yet. But as of now, the little bean is measuring correctly with a perfect heartbeat. miracles do happen!!! I have a picture of my flickering little bean :cloud9:

If you O'd the day after your trigger then you are only 5+3 today which is oh so early....much more will be seen in a weeks time :)

I am so sorry StillPraying! I will be praying for you too!

Is 5 weeks too early to see anything?

I want to know how did they do your ultrasound, vaginally or abdominal?
If they didn't do it vaginally then they will DEFENTLY not see anything, heck you wouldn't see anything very clearly at 7 weeks plus unless you do a vaginal US. However, even if they did do it correct (vaginally) that is you are still way to early to see much of anything. I would tell that DR. off first of all for saying such disheartening insensitive things, so unprofessional especially since they should know its way to early to do a scan. Your BETA numbers look good and really as long as they are rising that is a good sign, the numbers themselves don't really matter. GL!!

StillPraying, i am so so happy for your good news update!! but honestly i'm not surprised as your doctor is acting like a real ignorant and panicking you up and making it sound like a miracle when it was actually all OK from the starters!!

but... the most important thing is that your baby is doing great!!! congrats!

Apparently there is a possibility that what they thought was a SCH was actually a vanishing twin:shrug: not sure how to feel about that:cry:

hmmmm i'd take that news with a pinch of salt, but ONLY because your doctor is an idiot (or at least looks like one from her comments so far!!)

Haha I think you're confusing mine and punky mom's stories skyesmom!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->