Please help me some recipes and ideas - desperate

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I've just made another thread about my son not eating at the moment. I wanted some ideas of things I can offer for breakfast, lunch and snacks that are more substantial, avoiding bread which he seems to have gone off at the moment. He is also on high calorie (but healthy) and high protein diet as per his dietician, as there are concerns about weight and growth.

I'm thinking of baking (although I'm not much good and have little time for it!):

- Cheese scones
- Pancakes
- Savoury muffins
- Quesidillas
- Potato cakes

I have no trouble getting him to eat fruit or veg.

If anyone has any further ideas or recipe suggestions for the above I'd be so grateful. Getting stressed and desperate here (although not showing him that).

Hm. I make my kids sausage, pancakes, and fruit for breakfast, almost every morning without fail. They want nothing else. The fruit changes, but not the sausage or pancakes, lol! I guess they like the routine. My daughter doesn't eat breads, she doesn't care for the pancakes, so she gets more fruit and maybe cheese sometimes.

I don't "make" any of it, the links are microwave and the pancakes are frozen, I've tried homemade pancakes but DS won't eat them (they aren't small enough, he likes mini pancakes).

Lunches and dinners are different every day, but that same breakfast is all they want. Occasionally, I will switch out the pancakes for cereal, but not often just as a treat.

Is he almost 2? My daughter will be 2 in a couple of weeks, she also doesn't love bread.

Try healthy banana oat bites. It's a mix of mashed banana, coconut milk and rolled oats which is baked. I don't have a recipe_ I do it by sight but you should find one online.

Try healthy banana oat bites. It's a mix of mashed banana, coconut milk and rolled oats which is baked. I don't have a recipe_ I do it by sight but you should find one online.

Thank you, they sound yummy. I have tried a peanut butter and banana recipe before they didn't go for but the coconut milk sounds scrummy.

Oh and my son is 2.5.

My ds isn't a great eater but he likes muffin tin recipes, especially egg 'pop ups' we call them. Just mix one egg with a bit of milk fill to half way straight into the muffin tin, add cheese or broccoli or pepperoni, whatever he likes, and bake at 350 for 15 mins.

My ds also likes eggy bread which is easy!!!

My ds isn't a great eater but he likes muffin tin recipes, especially egg 'pop ups' we call them. Just mix one egg with a bit of milk fill to half way straight into the muffin tin, add cheese or broccoli or pepperoni, whatever he likes, and bake at 350 for 15 mins.

Oooh those egg pop ups sound easy and healthy!

My ds isn't a great eater but he likes muffin tin recipes, especially egg 'pop ups' we call them. Just mix one egg with a bit of milk fill to half way straight into the muffin tin, add cheese or broccoli or pepperoni, whatever he likes, and bake at 3530 for 15 mins.

Thanks! We did do eggy bread this morning. He ate half a slice which is as much as I can ever get him to eat for breakfast at the mo, often less. The egg pop ups do sound good. Unfortunately he's wont eat egg as egg, only disguised in egg fried rice, pancakes, Yorkshire puddings etc. I think it's a texture thing. It's a shame as obviously it would be great for protein and good fats!

If he likes veg how about things like

- broccoli or cauliflower with cheese sauce
- Nigellas pasta with butter, garlic and peas
- pasta with phillidelphia cheese as a sauce, you can add chopped up meat and veg
- green beans cooked in the oven with a little oil for about 20 mins, they go crispy like green bean fries
- roast parsnips/carrots/beetroot/sweet potato. You can add a little butter and honey to boost the calories

Breakfast:
- porridge or overnight oats, you can add fruits and spices. I love overnight oats using Greek yoghurt, stewed apples and cinnamon. You just put everything in a jar with a little milk, stir and refrigerate over night.
- beans or scrambled egg on toast/crumpets/muffins/pancakes
- boiled egg, you could dip green beans in if he doesn't want toast
- veg heavy omelette - peppers, sweetcorn, peas, onion

If he eats fruit, how about canned fruit with cream added. Get the stuff canned in juice, not syrup, chop up the fruit, add cream, and eat with a spoon. It's tasty and adds good fats to the fruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->