please help me - though non ttc isue

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
hi all, after some advice. Me & OH have been TTC for 6 months an tonight i have seen a side to him i have never seen. Admitedley he has been drinking.

My OH has a history of mental illness (which i knew from day 1). Tonight after 5 years together he has suddenly started going mental and I mean properly mental, smashing glasses and telling me he hates me (most days he tells me im the mot beautiful thing alive, though would never hurt me) and im not sure if i can cope any more. Ive neve`r loved anyone so much yet hated them so much in all my life.
Is this what TTC does to you, or is he just poorly????

to be honest- and i have a history of bipolar disorder and depression- i think he nees to see a doctor about possibly getting counseling and/or getting on some medication to even him out. You need to think about yourselves before you try to bring a baby into the picture, Can you imagine having your child seeing his/her father acting that way? I really do hope things get better and don't hate him, hate the illness.... the best thing you can do right now is be there for him. Best of luck to both of you!

Sounds like he is poorly to me.
Has something happened to set him off?? Is he under stress??
And what sort of mental illness has he suffered before, as it sounds to me like this may be an episode.
Good luck and I think he may need a bit of medical help

hi all, been on to the samaritans for a hour!! -

my OH has a history of self harm 10 years + ago and he attempted suicide once (though took himself to hospital). and was put on medication. He was diagnosed with clincial depression.

This was all before i knew him. I have been with him for the past 5 years and although i knew his past, and there have been a fe "dark moments" I have never seen anything like this before.

I know i shouldnt even think about bringing a baby into this relationship at the minute I cant help feeling selfish and thinking, well im 31, there is not that much time left!!

that is also true, best thing you can do is, keep trying if you REALLY want that bean and you have 9 months to get him well! but take him to talk to someone!

Hi there, it doesn't mean you don't need to bring a baby in atm...but you do need to get him help...you nor him can live like that...depression is difficult...def get him some help! Talk to him and tell him you love him, but it isn't healthy to go on like that.

hi, just been speaking to his bro online which i think has helped.

I was trying to be very loving & supportive tonight because by the end of it he said he still loved me and wanted to be married to me (but that everything was still my fault) so i think i might have got through a little. But i defnately think this is an episode of some description. jujst hope that he is OK in the morning L:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->