Please help me *update page 1*

sambam

Mummy of 2 princesses!
Reaction score
I was out yesterday trying on clothes in the changing room, and noticed on my pants that i was bleeding. So i phoned down to the hospital, who brought me in last night for a check up. The bleeding is bright red, and at the beginnning, there wasn't a lot. The midwife didn't seem too concerned, and said that if i was miscarrying, then i would be in severe pain and also would need to wear a pad ( as i didn't have one on at that time ). So she sent me home yesterday, and told me to phone first thing on monday for a scan - even though i am not guarenteed one. Since coming home last night, I have been bleeding more - it looks like a period, and im experiencing some mild cramps, just like period pain. I then passed a small clot last night, and phoned the hospital back, who told me i basically have to sit and wait like this til monday, until i "maybe" get a scan. I am lying in my bed at the moment, and still have cramps, which are now in my back and im still bleeding bright red blood. Its my 21st birthday today and it has to be the worst birthday ever. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone before and its had a positive outcome? Im preparing myself for the worst tomorrow... :( i am so sad right now and in tears x

UPDATE :

Sadly today I have found out that ive lost my baby :( Went for the scan, and they said that they couldn't find anything, gave me an internal scan, and was told that the pregnancy has ended. I am in absolute bits :( I feel so empty. Thanks for the support ladies :( Ive got my wee Bailey & Brogan to keep me strong. They have taken bloods, just to double check im not as far on as what i thought i was, just to see if the HCG hormone levels increase, Ive to go back on wednesday for more blood, but its not looking very hopeful.

It's just happened with my friend. She had the same situation and experiences as you. Everything was fine with the baby. She just needs to be monitored.

Call up tomorrow and INSIST you get a scan asap. Just kick off and demand to speak with someone who can give you one. Also, threaten to sit in the waiting room until you get one. Sadly, that's sometimes what it takes to get results.

Hugs and best wishes and please keep us informed xxxx

Oh no I'm so sorry to read that, I really hope everything turns out ok for you. Being stuck in limbo is horrible, I understand how you feel. I'm sure they'll scan you tomorrow and if they say no, make a fuss, you should not be left in that situation. Fingers crossed for you.

Im so sorry you are going through this on your birthday, that really sucks! If I were you I would just get really mad at somebody on the phone, or go and camp out at the hospital! Nobody should have to sit waiting like that with the uncertaintly. Hopefuly you will get seen soon, and everything will be just fine......X

Ya gotta be insistent. We forget, whether we pay for subsidized health care via taxes or private insurance, WE PAY THEM, THEY WORK FOR US.

Go to the emergency room. Don't call, just go.

I am back in the hospital maternity unit, got told to come bakc down, thanks for the kind words, I'll keep u all posted, I am dreading tthe outcome.. :( can't believe this is happening. I'm on my phone so I can update u all x

Aw, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, especially on your birthday! I've read threads/posts on here from girls who've been in the exact same situation as you, feared the worst and everything turned out to be fine with the baby :]

As for getting a scan, if they say you won't be able to have it tomorrow, you'll have to demand to be seen and just refuse to leave until somebody does something to help you. As LadyHutch said, you're paying for your health care via taxes, so don't let them turn you away.

Fingers crossed for you and your little one x

i really hope its all ok ill keep everything crossed for u xxxxxx

Good luck hun, got my fingers crossed for you
:dust::dust::dust:

:hugs: so so sorry you're having such a miserable birthday. Fingers crossed for you for a good outcome xxx

thinking of you.. hope everything turn out good. Please keep us posted

Midwife just came in there, my BP is fine, she took a look at a tissue I had used to wipe in the toilet and doesn't seem to be bothered much!! Its got little clots of blood,, maybe about the size of my pinky nail, n she said that a miscarriage is when tissue comes away, she said that wasn't tissue, so I have a wee bit of positivity now at least. Just waitin on the doctor coming in to check the neck of my womb, if its open that indicates miscarriage! Its just a bloody waiting game, I'm so stressed right now. My girls are at home with my mum n dad, garys just away to get me magazines n stuff, he's chalk white and doesnnt know what to do with himself xx

Well thats a positive sign atleast!! Are you going to insist on a ultrasound still? I worry too much and would want one on top of it. I'm sure everything will be fine though :) I'll say a prayer for you and your little one :) gives me pease of mind since it's out of our hands. Good luck and let me know how it goes!!

That sounds positive.
I would insist on an ultrasound. It costs them nothing but a bit of effort to do, and you and the doctors will have a much clearer idea of what is going on.
Hope all goes well for you.

Good Luck Sam bam i would be interested to know how you get on, I had to go o hospital yesterday as had bright red when i wiped. Now its just brown and does not even touch a pad. I have a scan tomorrow good luck I really do hope all is ok for you today Sending a big hug sweetie!! xx

Fx everything is OK for you chick :hugs:

I am in a similar situ and waiting for my scan in the morning. After a nightmare 7 hours in A&E I have realised if you don't make a fuss and just sit and wait calmly you will keep getting pushed to the back of the queue!!

Good luck lovely. I've been there, and the limbo is the worst. Fingers crossed for you
xxx

Hey hun

Wishaw general are a bloody nightmare for this!!!! I had to have a scan a couple of weeks ago and the nearest 'emergency scan' was a week away. Phoned again on tuesday because I started bleeding red and they said 'we can't keep scanning you' until I lost a clot on wednesday morning and phoned and insisted they put me in for a scan, so I've to go tomorrow at 11.20, 5 days after the bleeding started.

So if this keeps up and you're worried go straight to a&e, wish I'd went on wednesday to save me the worry I've had for the last 5-6 days.

Pm me if you need anything, or add me on facebook. Claire Muir.

Claire xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->