Please help me with OPKs!

lace&pearls

Mummy with PCOS
Reaction score
Ah I'm so confused? I actually hate OPKs! I'm so sick of using them I must have done literally thousands in my years of ttc (inc ttc DD)

quick bit of background info - I have pcos, I've been prescribed 100mg clomid which I have taken before. In the past I've got a positive OPK around cd 18 with the exception of my first month on 50mg clomid last year when it was cd20. It's my first round after a 7 month break from clomid and I'm a bit concerned I'm not going to ovulate, I had a pretty strong looking OPK cd 19, but then when I did OPKs on cd 20 they were looking fainter and I was worried I missed it.
I've done 2 OPKs today, (cd21) the one this morning may have been too early and I did a v concentrated wee when I got home but they're looking pretty strong again. Now I don't know what to think, I feel like I should have ovulated by now so if I haven't maybe I'm not going to?! :( I'm so fed up of this I just want it to work! :(
going to attempt to add some pics now ...

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/emmanewborough/503C5587-4784-4836-9C75-0949D794622C_zpsospmaezq.png~original

Above is cd19, I thought it wasn't quite positive, but very very close.

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f267/emmanewborough/742F26DC-4F0D-4FE5-BE95-5711CAC8FA94_zpsr2tsawwt.jpg~original

This one above is from today, I think (but probably hoping) it's not quite as dark, I don't know if you can tell but IRL it's done that really annoying thing where it has one skinny dark line to the left and the rest is a bit fainter...

what do you think??

I'm stressing myself out which probably isn't helping :( I was hoping to confirm roughly when I ovulate this month on clomid and then if we don't fall pg take a more relaxed approach next month not even bother with OPKs just make sure we dtd plenty around the right sort of time....

Clomid has worked for me before is it possible it won't this time? :( also one thing, when I took my pills there was one day I accidentally chewed a pill rather than swallowed whole (long stupid story!) I know that sounds ridiculous but would that have affected it?

but then again I think I've heard of people saying they never get OPKs that are darker than the control line... I know PCOS can affect thenm but I thought the clomid would over-ride that.. also I've used them and gotten +s before x

That's almost positive not quite honey

Test 3 times a day when it starts to get stronger, I do about 10am, 2pm and 7pm ish sometimes a bit later

I'd read them as very nearly positive hun.

Thank you x that was my thought too just a bit worried that I didn't get a riper positive and now I've had a Combination of some strong looking (but not +) ones mixed with very faint ... Don't know if that means my clomid has failed (even tho it has worked before :() or that's the best positive I'm going to get? :( I probably won't find out for ages x going to arrange a blood test but will have to wait a few days and then wait some more for results :-/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->