• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Please help our dog rescue..VOTE!

What a wonderful idea! I'll vote daily, for sure!

I feel so bad for the 'rap' that Pit Bulls have. I'm a firm believer that there arn't bad dogs out there, only bad owners. Yet the media always sensationalizes the ones that bite (we are drawn to bad news like moths to the flame, right?)

And of course the owners are always like "Gee, they just 'turned', never like that before" but I just don't buy it. What person in their right mind is going to tell a national newspaper that they're lousy dog owners? Or on the flipside, that they truly think they are good owners. Argh. Poor dogs. It's not fair that they have to suffer because people are stupid at times.

/rant.

Sorry. The whole thing upsets me, just like that "Pit Bull Ban" they did. :cry:

I feel so bad for the 'rap' that Pit Bulls have. I'm a firm believer that there arn't bad dogs out there, only bad owners. Yet the media always sensationalizes the ones that bite (we are drawn to bad news like moths to the flame, right?)

And of course the owners are always like "Gee, they just 'turned', never like that before" but I just don't buy it. What person in their right mind is going to tell a national newspaper that they're lousy dog owners? Or on the flipside, that they truly think they are good owners. Argh. Poor dogs. It's not fair that they have to suffer because people are stupid at times.

/rant.

Sorry. The whole thing upsets me, just like that "Pit Bull Ban" they did. :cry:

Wow I think I love you! I wish everyone had this mind set! Sadly they dont. I think people say "they just turned" because if you admit you knew your dog was dangerous...you are putting yourself in a huge spot to be SUED or worse..charged depending on how serious.

I could really talk forever about the breed..hehe. I own two. One is not even a year yet, and the second is the youngest pit bull in Canada to become a certified therapy dog. They normally test at a year, and she passed at 8 months old. Which is sort of a big deal, for me and the breed. Yet people still cross the road when they see us coming just because of the way she LOOKS. It's racism in a sense.

She is like this huge marshmellow. If you are sick, and I mean like a sniffle she goes into worried nurse mode and sits beside you making sure you are "ok". You can just see the worry on her face if you cough, sneeze or what have you.

Shes pretty much the best thing since sliced bread! I owe my life to her...

When she was 6 months old, we were walking in a parking lot of a school right across from our house. And an leashed Rottie with no owner showed up out of no where. I thought nothing of it really, I mean I use to own a Rottie..Im not scared of dogs of any breed. But before I knew it, it was charging towards us. I won't lie I was freaked right out, even though outwardly it wasn't showing aggression. I believe it went to grab my dog, but she went behind my leg and it latched on to my lower left leg. I couldnt honestly believe it was happening. Ive never been bitten by anything! Let alone a dog..I know how dumb this is..but I felt so betrayed! :blush:

Hehe..I guess just because we had rescued so many dogs..worked with rescues, I was running my own pit bull rescue..

Anyways, people walked by and looked by no one stopped! I was screaming (I know you shouldnt but..). Finally my dog just looked at me with this look of sheer like "I have no idea what I can do for you...but I will try" Gah I cant write that without tearing up! She stood over my leg and the Rottie let go finally of me..and grabbed her. He started to shake her, I thought omg she's going to be killed now.

I had to actually wrestle the dog to the ground before he would drop her. She was amazingly fine! I had 300 stitches in my lower shin and inner shin. And I had to get Rabies shots because the dog was never found..:hissy:

It was in the local paper where I lived, a very small town in Alberta..and people actually wrote "Murdering Pit bull Lives here" on my fence with red spray paint after the article came out. And yet others wrote to the paper saying how they were scared at first, but once they met my dogs they were so sweet..and nice, they couldn't understand why they were scared to begin with.

Thankfully here in the city its pretty good, most people love them. Even people who are like "omg run! pit bulls!".

I just wish people would stop believing the media..and make up their own minds!

I have spoken to the media...the government...tons of people about the breed. And it's funny how very little everyone even knows about the breed actually. Most have never even met one! They were beyond shocked when they met Jae (my dog..the one mentioned above), because she's nothing like they had built up in their minds!

My shameless showing off of my dogs..

Jaeden

https://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v195/101/77/523391637/n523391637_601350_6564.jpg

Huckleberry and Jaeden

https://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v274/101/77/523391637/n523391637_1071979_7854.jpg

Handsome Huck..

https://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v337/101/77/523391637/n523391637_1159091_3675.jpg

Awwww, I teared up while reading that!!!!! What a sweet story. Dogs are certainly something else, arn't they?

Ahhh the igornance of the general public. I can't stand it either! Your babies are BEAUTIFUL btw, especially that picture of Huckleberry. How can you NOT look at that face and melt????

I have a Shih Tzu, lol. Total opposite end of the spectrum, but figured I'd show him off.

https://x09.xanga.com/60ac1051c2435132918079/s97096806.jpg

On my grandparent's dock up north

https://x96.xanga.com/f2ba7a41c773463907959/s42846535.jpg

At my parents place. He was wanting to curl up ON the flowers, but my Mom wouldn't have any of it lol!

https://x75.xanga.com/ae8192e5d25a514052115/s10075675.jpg

When I first got him. He wasn't much taller than a pop can!

I could talk forever about dogs as well. They're such awesome little creatures. Crazy story though about that Rottie. They never found the dog? And HOLY CRAP at 300 stitches!!! Thank heavens Jae was there for you to help!

Ahhh, such like a dog though, to worry about people more than themselves.:cloud9:

Tyff your dog is sooo cute! The pic by the Pepsi can is GREAT!

Huck is pretty cute if I dont say so myself..we actually adopted him from a rescue here in BC. I couldn't believe such a great dog ended up in rescue..the sad thing is so many wonderful dogs do end up in rescue!

I could talk about dogs forever too....clearly! :blush:

Voted (even tho I'm in AB!) Boo Canucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"