Please help Owen won't stop crying

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
Owen has been crying since about 8pm last night, he's been awake all night and most of the day, he hasn't been to the toilet since 1pm yesterday and keeps raising his legs and struggling to go but all he does is pass wind.

We phone the health visitor and she said to give him some cooled boiled water which we did but it didn't help. so we took him to out of hours and the doctor just said theres nothing they can give him due to his age and to water down his feeds which we are doing, he said to go to the gp tomorrow if he still hasn't been to he toilet by the afternoon.

I am at my wits end he is crying all the time and I don't know how to help him, I hate seeing him in pain

Please can anyone offer any advice????

Try giving him 2.5ml of gripe water in cooled boiled water to drink. Also bend his legs gently up to his tummy and move them around like his riding a bicycle. Put some vaseline on his bum (the hole to be frank) and gently massage it. It may help...i hope it does hun .

Newborns can have 2.5ml gripe water watered down well with water i was advised this by the mw x

If he hasn't peed for over 24 hours i would take him to A & E or give them a ring at least.

I agree with the peeing...if hes not peed defo take him straight away! x

Try giving him 2.5ml of gripe water in cooled boiled water to drink. Also bend his legs gently up to his tummy and move them around like his riding a bicycle. Put some vaseline on his bum (the hole to be frank) and gently massage it. It may help...i hope it does hun .

Newborns can have 2.5ml gripe water watered down well with water i was advised this by the mw x

I agree with this hun. Also, try laying him flat on his back and gently rub his tummy in circles xxxx

Thanks for the advice will try the gripe water now x

Have you tried white noise? It really works on my LO. I don't know why.

:hugs:

They can give him a suppositry (sp?) to help him go if he still hasnt and you have to go back to the doctors. I would also try the tummy rubbing. Its horrible when they are in pain and you cant ease it but you're doing everything you can. I hope he manages to poop soon :hugs:

tummy rubbing in a clockwise direction is supposed to aid digestion ;-) x

I was told prune juice or boil some raisins and give him the juice from that. The docs are fibbing though because they can help them at that age. Poor thing it's horrible when they can't go :hugs:
Oh, also skin to skin tummy to tunny will stimulate his digestive system.

You can also try getting a cotton bud and wiping vaseline around his anus and just inside for a few minutes. As someone above said, it does really help but some people may not be comfy sticking a pinkie up there!

^^ I read that rubbing around that area with cotton wool soaked in warm water can help to stimulate them to go too. Can't hurt to try.

Thankyou for all your advice, he managed to go and is a lot happier

try rubbing his tummy in a clockwise direction.

Nly thing that worked for us at that age was a warm bath, then just wrapped in a towel (no nappy) lie him on your lap, get some veggie oil and rub it in circles on his belly and just do that for about 15 mins.

There is a certain direction you have to rub in but can't remember, maybe google it.

It was messy but did the job every time :)

my LO had the same problem at about 6 wks....the doc prescribed some lactulose...not sure y they couldnt give you any!! ....good that hes managed to go anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->