please help - really confused

valerie

Reaction score
Hi please help me.

i found out i was pregnant on 22nd may...

i went to the hospital on 13th june for a scan because i had a bit of bleeding, but everything was fine..

while the scan was being done... the doctor said i was 6 weeks 5 days. (which makes me 7 weeks 1 day today)
i think she knew this by measuring the fetus.

however, does this mean its 6 weeks 5 days since conception?

im really confused.
does she mean im 6 weeks 5 days pregnant, or the baby is actually 6 weeks 5 days old?

i dont know my lmp date, just going off the scan.

i really need to know because the dates are crucial to who the father is

if so, when did i concieve?

Hey Valerie .. firstly welcome to B&B :hi:

Im not much help im afraid .. never been preg so not 100% sure .. sorry.

Just didnt want to read and run .. hope you get the answer you are hoping for :hugs:

You were 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant, ie it is 6 weeks and 5 days since the first day of lmp, therefore rough date of conception was 4 weeks and 5 days since scan, it will not be definite but will be around then depending on length of cycle and when you ovulate, not everyone ovulates bang on mid cycle, some slightly early some later.
Hope this helps

they didnt calculate from my lmp though?
they just went by the size of the fetus?
my dating scan is 17th july...
so i wont be 12 weeks then will i?
:dohh:

all pregnancies are classed as 40 weeks in length this is dated from the first day of your last period. Although the hospital measured the size of fetus to give no of weeks, the fetus is x big and so you are y no of weeks, but the no of weeks is still given from first day of last period. It is done this way as u can't pinpoint exactly when u ovulated/conceived.

This probably is as clear as mud sorry, still not getting much sleep.

When u go for next scan it will be around 12 weeks and give u more accurate date for due date and tell you how mny weeks u r.

they didnt calculate from my lmp though?
they just went by the size of the fetus?
my dating scan is 17th july...
so i wont be 12 weeks then will i?
:dohh:
On my first scan it said I was 7 weeks 4 days since LMP and baby was measuring 7 weeks 1 day. If they said that the measurement of the fetus was6+ weeks, and they didnt ask for your LMP (which I would find strange), then at your scan, you were 6+ weeks. If that makes any sense to you at all?
For instance, at my 20 week scan baby was measuring at 19.3weeks even tho I was 20 weeks pregnant.

6+ weeks pregnant, or fetus is 6+ weeks old??
Well if mine was anything to go by the fetus is 6+ weeks.
This is how mine was laid out, lemme copy it from my 7 week scan paper.

LMP= 15/12/06 = 7+4 Weeks
Anteverted uterus containing a gestation sac, within this a yolk sac and single live fetal pole were indentified.
CRL (Crown to rump length) = 11mm which equaled 7+1 weeks <--- This is the size of the baby from my first ever scan

So if they definitely didnt take it from your last period and 100% measured it from the size of the fetus, your baby measures 6 + weeks. hope that helps.

:hi: Welcome To BnB

Congrats on your BFP....Wishing you a happy and Healthy 9 months.:headspin:

If you are 7 weeks 2 days pg from scan baby was conceived approx 5 weeks and 2 days ago give or take a few days.

glad to help its a bit confusing, especially when its your first. Just had no3 so a bit of an old pro now :blush:

Any questions there's normally someone around to help just post. If you'd rather not post publically pm and i'll do what i can do to help hun.

Hope everything works right for you, and you have a happy and healthy nine months.:hugs:

TBH I would wait for your 12 week scan measurement as it is more accurate then early scans. My early scan showed I was 7 weeks but at my 12 week scan I was a week further on, and my due date was changed accordingly.

Forgot to say congratulations and welcome :)

First of all, those numbers are always their best "ESTIMATIONS." I've had 2 children and with every ultrasound, they'd give me estimated weeks, fetal weight, lenght, etc. My due date with my daughter, according to these numbers was May 2. She was born March 6 by emergency c-Section.(Toxemia=pre-eclampsia) After her gestational assessment in the nursery, she was only 5 weeks early, not 8. You may have to rely on Paternity test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->